Add KarateForums.com
Test the New KarateForums.com! (KF Turns 23)
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Chuilli, Kyo Sah Nim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do/Chinese Kempo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Testing Stories Reply with quote

well i was recently sitting on a panel of judges at one of my associations test and something viewed as comical happened but it made me as an instructor very mad, so i wanted to vent on you guys but along the way, i remembered some other comical things that happened at large tests. so if you have any stories like this, by all means...share!
so the other night we are sitting in a ymca gym and there are about a hundred parents and about 80 people mostly kids testing for all ranks under black. this gym is HOT, its about 85 in there but no matter what, uniforms stay on at all times, there are no drinks allowed, talking, or food. so i look up and there is this orange belt with one green stripe with her karate top off, and HER BELT! as well...so obviously i looked a few more times to make sure i wasnt being punked, but she really was doing that, so one of the masters went over and screamed at her, but personally i would have failed her, i was fuming considering all the black belts uniforms are 3x heavier than the gups.
so the other story, which went down in history...
once we had this teenage girl, worst A.D.D you have ever seen, ever. and she snuck fries and a shake from BK inside her uniform INTO HER TEST! haha i couldnt believe it, so she got busted and was told on the spot that she failed, and she hadnt even gotten up to perform!
The other time there was a group of ten kids up doing their forms and all of a sudden like a two year old went running and screaming across the absolute silent testing area, and it was safe to say, even the panel laughed once we got the kid to his mother safely!
Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this isn't that funny, but it was to me at the time. I was taking my 1st gup test with my mom and one of my friends watching that day. For some reason my friend kept making me giggle just looking at her. I messed up one form ... got away with it. I messed up another one because I couldn't hold back the giggles anymore. I got caught. I had to do my form alone infront of about 80 people (testers and on-lookers). We both turned red. She did stop making me giggle after that. I did pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Share Your Testing, Grading, or Promotion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: