Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

PhilM1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: shorin ryu, BJJ, kickboxing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Thinkin aboot taking muay thai Reply with quote

hey everyone ive been thinking about looking into taking some muay thai kickboxing. Ive got karate and kick boxing experience when it comes to stand up. Anything i should know about the thai kickboxing that i should know about before enrolling in it?

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinkin aboot taking muay thai Reply with quote

PhilM1 wrote:
hey everyone ive been thinking about looking into taking some muay thai kickboxing. Ive got karate and kick boxing experience when it comes to stand up. Anything i should know about the thai kickboxing that i should know about before enrolling in it?

Be prepared for alot of conditioning and have fun.

xianzhong
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: everything

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: asdf Reply with quote

My best suggestion is not to mention your former training, start off on a clean slate when you're training in a new/different art, forget about everything you learned in the past and just concentrate on what your doing/learning now. Ask the bulk of your questions after class, and start training on your stamina and endurance ASAP.

Only after class do you start making your own judgement, and mix ideas with your prior training...

"Avoid Prejudice, Be Objective in Your Judgement, Be Scientific, Be Logical and Make Sense, Do Not Ignore Prior Experience."

- Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming

Open Your Mind... @
www.openyourmind.tk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: