Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kickmaster
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surfing the net and came aross this thead. These people are so closed minded its really sad...

http://www.adcombat.com/ubbADCC_Forum/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007273.html

flash
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus! The people are flipping out on that forum.

kickmaster
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. They think that bjj is the best fighting system out there. I know it's a good system, I don't have anythink against ground fighting but the last thing I want to do is ground fight in a street fight. If I have to then I will but I rather be on me feet.

I know a guy who went to the ground and got beat bad. Your are a sitting duck if someone joins in the fight... Just my 2 cents worth..

flash
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I tend to use forums like this to exchange ideas and opinions just like anyone else. It just seems that the other forum that you have a link for in the topic is just full of Animosity. They actually seem to hate each other without really discussing things in an open forum. I love and respect all MAs. It takes a lot of dedication and time and we all choose the art we feel that we want to train in at a particular time. I have trained in TKD, Seido, and Escrima in the past. Right now I train in Shaolin Wushu. Does that mean I don't like the other arts I trained in? Not at all. As a matter of fact had I not moved away I probably would have continued training in Escrima and Kempo.

KenpoChick87120
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The worst thing about kenpo is the type of people it seems to attract. Total dipshits. They only talk about kenpo this and kenpo that when in reality every kenpo guy that has come into MMA has gotten beat down. It is a cult. it makes martial arts look bad. And I would say that 50% of mcdojos in the US are "kenpo" schools. Maybe I have never run across a real kenpo school or fighter but what from what I have seen I am not impressed with it at all. Or ed parker. A ****y fat *******. Worse than Furey. "

geez, how mean and close minded can ya get?

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, what about that 200lb Kenpo guy nicknamed "Dragon Killer" who took out that 7 foot tall, 600lb Sumo Wrestler, in the UFC?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys are obviously very educated, and I hope for there sake they dont bring there trash here. Or I will send them some virtual Aikido to kick there ignorant bottoms!

But then, thats just me!

Be Well
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: