Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

IrishDave
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER TAI CHI QUERY Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has had any relative success learning tai chi from a book or video and if so, which they found most useful? I'm doing a short course on Tai Chi but we don't do pushing hands... would both practitioners need to know any Tai Chi to learn how to do this? I am pleased enough with the pace I am learning Tai Chi but understand that pushing hands is necessary to cultivate the art as a martial one....
Thanks [/b]

Lurker
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have great sympathy with your problem. I have now found what seems (so far) to be a good style but I live in a huge city and there still didn't seem to be much choice of classes even here.

I can't imagine trying to do push hands without an expert eye helping pick out my errors but what can you do if there's no-one available to you ? So I'd say good luck trying and maybe, if you have another helpful friend, he/she could cast an eye on you both trying this and can pick out obvious faults.

I haven't been doing this long myself so my only advise would be to take the practise easy, be aware of your alignment and try to build a sensitivity of your partner's energies.

Good luck.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: