Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on starting one sometime so if you have any info on this message me. I have aol and yahoo messangers. And you can post or send private message here.

Taikudo-ka
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that in most places the answer is "no - there are no restrictions" beyond the usual registering a business name and following the tax laws regarding income you earn.

This of course makes it easy for "fakes". But the alternative, government regulation and licensing, is too horrible to contemplate. Certainly, the government can't regulate and decide what constitutes an "effective" fighting style or address your individual training needs in any way, so they can't really decide who should or shouldn't teach martial arts. All it would involve would be lots of red tape and beaurocracy. I think you'd just end up with a big register of who's "kosher", based on lineage and forking out the required fees, like in Japan, and plenty of good people working outside the "official" system. If the law say you can't call yourself a "martial artist" without official approval, you just use a differnet name for the art.

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post. Does anyone else know of any laws about martial arts in your area.

three60roundhouse
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BlueDragon, aren't you a brown belt? In certain arts it is better to wait until 2nd or 3rd dan until opening a school. Others, like BJJ, have purple belts opening VERY successful schools. What is your art?

Girls kick butt!

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have to be a black belt. I have 3 1/2 to 4 years to get it. Im going to college for business so I thought I might as well try to put the too together. I love martial arts and have a passion to teach it.

I dont agree with anything below black teaching a school actually. I will not make the dojo if I dont have my belt.

Brazilian Jujitsu is a good system but it is so commercialized that a white belt could teach and get money. Sorry that is just my opinion on brazilian jujitsu dont get offended anyone.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: