Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MSPav
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Attackproof Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about this method of self defense? I came across the home site and it looked very aggressive, but effective. Or at least, the fact that it's supposed to be effective is their selling-point.

WC-Strayder
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Location: Great is the one who knows, but even greater is the one who knows where to ask....
Styles: Wing Chun. Since 01

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe, but what did you came across?. No link, no nothing, just that the looked very aggressive. Ehhhh ???. Hmmmmmm.?

MSPav
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the link lack. When I posted this question I wasn't sure if we were permitted to post links to other sites.

The site is simply their home page: http://www.attackproof.com

I found it after reading a review of their book on Amazon.

I didn't think it a big deal not to post a link, because if anyone knew about it then they wouldn't need a link.

WC-Strayder
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Location: Great is the one who knows, but even greater is the one who knows where to ask....
Styles: Wing Chun. Since 01

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye a Abram tank, then you're attackproof on the streets!. So mush Bullcrap these days .... People with yellow belts who sets up schools anywhere, kids 6 years old who have black belts and sort of stuff.... Take it for what it is, just crap.

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: bjj, judo, shuai chiao, muay thai

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ki chuan do? shouldn't it be ki ken do or qi chuan fa? why is he combining two different languages? Anyway, naturally, I would take this with the same grain of salt that I take anything else. he's an 8th in tkd and/or hapkido... so he mixes that with his deadly greek style, some tai chi, some wwII cqc, some natvie american wrestling, some street fights and presto, he's invincible. I fail to see how he's any different from anyone else out there.

Also, it seems that you would be able to find more about him on the net than merely references to attackproof.com

MSPav
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SevenStar wrote:
ki chuan do? shouldn't it be ki ken do or qi chuan fa? why is he combining two different languages?

That's a good point, SeverStar. I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
Also, it seems that you would be able to find more about him on the net than merely references to attackproof.com

You mean you expect me to do my own research? Sheesh. Honestly though, I thought this place would be a good resource for finding stuff out.

paolung
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mixing languages is one of the "red flags" i look for in whatever ultimate system is trying to make a quick buck this month...

that being said, i couldn't even make it that far. after i read about the car lifting uncle and uncle ironfist, i closed the web page. that was enough for me.

MSPav
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car lifting uncle? Uncle Ironfist?! I didn't see that on the website! Ok, I didn't miss those; they've changed the site since I was there last.

paolung
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahah... those exact names weren't mentioned, but the second paragraph actually talks about them under "about"

http://www.attackproof.com/about.htm

looks like i was mistaken, his FATHER was the purported one who could punch holes in refridgerators, according to the page.

MSPav
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I see. If I only had known their techniques a few years ago! I had a nasty run-in with a refrigerator, but I kicked it in the meat tray and managed to get away.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: