Add KarateForums.com
KarateForums.com Offline for Migration on September 5
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at first it may be easy kickbutt..and of course we all know how cool it looks ..cant have a demo without the pine..however its main benifit or objective. ..is to improve and perfect.. focus..speed and proper excecution of technique..as a beginer you may only break wooden boards..(thats easy) however as you advance and you seek new challenges you can move onto..bricks..concrete slabs..cinder blocks..(not easy and if not properly trained will result in serious injuries) and when youre really up there raw stone (my grandmaster smashes pieces of raw stone with a ridge hand strike.. i cringe just watching it..)or corral .. some masters have been known to break pieces of steel these are examples of power breaks..you also have speed breaks..breaking object as they fall..or thrown at you..or taking the neck of a glass bottle off without having the bottle fall or cutting your hand off on the glass in the process..(when done by a master it looks easy..it is very hard..i still cannot do it)many martial artist who are against breaking for onre reason or another always put on a smug face and say "boards dont hit back" (as if they are sooo smart that they just thought that up on the spot..its a line that was made famous in the bruce lee movie ENTER THE DRAGON..no disrespect to bruce but ive heard it so many times its corny to me now..some of them even try to say it with the chinese accent..they crack me up) i say yeah boards dont hit back but i do..and since i can put my hands through bricks iim really not worried about being attacked by some cornball line someone may have been practicing in the mirror (hey you talkin to me?) besides all that i love breaking things and having the audience gasp then applause..thank you ill be signing autographs afterwards..lol

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I liked the video clip. Ouch. I have done hammerfist, straight punch, elbow,knee, front kick, side kick and roundhouse kick breaks. My faovorite breaking technique is a hammerfist break.

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice SAI....keep up the good work.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have mentioned somewhere here in the forum that my 7 yr old son was going for his tkd blue belt today...I have been working with him (besides his regular class time) and he got his form down very well, but he was (well rather I was!...) worried about his required board break which needed to be a blue belt technique, meaning not a hammer fist or step behind sidekick. He wanted to do a running jump sidekick. Well he couldn't even break with a regular sidekick ... but he was insistent that that was the break he wanted to do. Today at test , 'Sir' said that if that was what his mind was set on....then in his mind he knew he could do it....lets let him go for it. So he called out my sons name and lined up 2 of his fellows students crouched down below the board and he ran across room jumped over them and broke the board no problem! He was thrilled and so was I.
...might I note that our school also now (as of todays' test) has the youngest black belt ...age 8! He did very well (his boards were obviously baked until they were brittle cos' they broke so very easily!) His forms were good and all round he did a real awesome job....however our school does not give a jr. black belt degree.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickchick I was wandering which tread to look at to see how your son did. Tell him congratulations. I am sure both of you feel very relieved. And proud.

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice and glad to hear the news....keep up the good work, both of you........

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

jakmak52
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: ITF TKD (Chang Hon) & Shotokan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 things work best for me, 1. Hit it hard, 2. Hit it in the middle, and 3. Go with the GRAIN!!

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's is a great thread about breaking with great views.....enjoy!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: