Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Wrestling and boxing.

Striking art and a grappling art.

Switch accordingly to age and temperament of child/teen. Nonetheless, my child would have to have a want to do, over what I want for them to do.

in the real world definitely this.

I went onto youtube and let my son watch some of almost every sport i could think of and asked him what he liked. Football and Rugby got a no, basketball a quite fun; boxing, judo, karate, kickboxing and mma all got a "that looks lots of fun. I'll throw you daddy"

So onto Judo and Karate he went! Established kids programmes at both and as long as he keeps enjoying them he can keep doing them. If he stops enjoying them then at least he will have learnt breakfalls which i think are an essential skill for everyone

crash
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: karate,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrestling and boxing, but why be an mma fighter when pro wrestling pays more with a longer career and less chance of serious injury...lol, boxing is even much better as far as pay is concerned. mma is pretty much just pro wrestling that is real, but again, with less pay, lol...(may not be a popular statement, but think about it...)...pro wrestling has always been about striking, kicking and joint locks, armbars, etc. many from jujitsu and judo, mma just took all that and made it a real fight instead of staged....lol..not downing mma at all, just saying if going to train for a future career in fighting, why not go for the high pay, high publicity ones.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crash wrote:
wrestling and boxing, but why be an mma fighter when pro wrestling pays more with a longer career and less chance of serious injury...lol, boxing is even much better as far as pay is concerned. mma is pretty much just pro wrestling that is real, but again, with less pay, lol...(may not be a popular statement, but think about it...)...pro wrestling has always been about striking, kicking and joint locks, armbars, etc. many from jujitsu and judo, mma just took all that and made it a real fight instead of staged....lol..not downing mma at all, just saying if going to train for a future career in fighting, why not go for the high pay, high publicity ones.

There are a LOT of injuries in pro wrestling though. Whether or not it is 'real' they are extremely tough guys. Easy ones that come to mind from years ago as Steve Austin's broken neck; Brock Lesnar's broken neck; HHH's badly damaged quad etc. What makes it even worse is if possible they finish the match!

crash
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: karate,

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthPenguin wrote:
crash wrote:

There are a LOT of injuries in pro wrestling though. Whether or not it is 'real' they are extremely tough guys. Easy ones that come to mind from years ago as Steve Austin's broken neck; Brock Lesnar's broken neck; HHH's badly damaged quad etc. What makes it even worse is if possible they finish the match!

no question on them being tough, they are top notch athletes, no doubt. there are indeed lots, and, sometimes severe injuries in pro wrestling, but i think that is also a product of their schedules, these guys do, on average three shows per week, that alone increases their chance of injury, add to that some of the stunts they partake in and it can be a dangerous occupation, lol....just imagine what the injury rate of the UFC would be if all the fighters fought 3 or more times per week.....hmmm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: