Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ramymensa
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Brind a Buddy" ... great idea. We should do this in our dojo. Guess for all those I brought in I should receive some money

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes a referral fee!
We do that also .... it's a small fee that you can apply towards your tuition cost or spend in the "school store" ... it goes back to the school one way or another!

sk0t
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: BJJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have what we call "Bring a Buddy, Break a Board" night. We charge like 5 dollars a kids, and let them brek like 5 boards...per kid...and that 5 dollars goes a long way since wood isnt that expensive...

We have generate a ton of interest with that...it works.

But you just gotta try.

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."

benedictbm
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our school just got done doing this . I think it is cool. Except we run it like class so sometimes the "buddy" has to sit out. Overall it is fun doing it and teaching it.

kickbuttmom
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Student Manager at benedictbm's dojo (and of course monkeygirl, how could I forget her? not likely since she's sitting right here) anyhow.... we find buddy weeks to be a lot of fun. One of our students is responsible for at least 10 others, and they are all still having a great time of it too.
You have to be careful of how often you do it though, your students begin to wonder if they are your only marketing program, little do they know that advertising dollars can never replace a good word from their mouths.
Twice a year we do what is known as buddy sponsorships, this runs for an entire month and has met with varying degrees of success (depends mostly on our local economy). Each of our students is given buddy sponsorship coupons that entitle the buddy to one month of classes, sometimes it will include a loaner gi (which we hope they keep and pay for). Our students get the incentive of receiving prizes for each of their buddies that actually enroll; 1=a dojo logo t-shirt, 2=belt display rack, 3=jumbo sport bag, 4=standing heavy bag, and 5=a free year of tuition. In my time at this school I have seen people get four a couple of different times, so far no fives - but I'm sure the day will come.
Focus your chi at monkeygirl, her brother and the other 5 who enter the sparring phase of their Black Belt test on Wednesday night - round about 7:45 EST shuld see one of them "in the circle", (and this mom with no fingernails - she's good but she's still my little girl).

sk0t
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: BJJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that whoever came up with the idea, which was "Greg Silva from the United Professionals", is a brilliant man...if any of you dont know who he is, you might want to look into his organization...

he has made my school flourish with over 500 students, (and I am only 20 years old)...his ideas are unique and very good....

http://www.unitedprofessionals.com

"I shall not be judged by what style I know, but how I apply that style againsts yours..."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: