Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

metalhead
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To begin, I believe that marijuana, hash and the like are no different than alcohol and should be regulated the same way. I do not advocate using either I just don't see any real differences between them.

As for gaining any wisdom from using drugs?
-------------------Impossible-----------------
The only wisdom to be gained from drug use will come from someone who has done it, managed to live through it and can relate the negative impact it had on them to others.

Furthermore, having strong will power should prevent you from using drugs in the first place.

diamondick
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: judo, Jeet kune do,Tai chi chuan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many famous writers have experimented with drugs (LSD - Aldous Huxley)and even Bruce Lee tried Cannabis, this is a personal decision and i am not saying you should become a drug addict, i am saying nature offers means to attain a vision that is difficult by normal means. Opium is very addictive and nearly killed chinese people, you only paid a buck and paradise was at hand. If i had to say something I would say DONīT DO DRUGS.
Period.

blood talon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"pot", int addictive. actually at my high school, weed is as common as taking a drink of water.most people show up to class high, my freind kim, always showed up to class high, and did alll her work,butif she wasnt high, she would just listen to music. SHE GOT A 89%,i got forty.............(marijuana isnt like cocaine or anything else,to me, i rather smoke weed than smoke a cigarette.)

Martial_Artist
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: The Pure Art

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys left out the REAL reason Bruce Lee died....Haven't you all heard? It was all over the Hong Kong chinese newspapers years ago. Here's how the legend goes:

Bruce was lined up to do movie deals with the foreign devils of Golden Mountain(aka USA) The big Hong Kong hongs of the cinema industry didn't think that would be wise. The local triads were called in to handle the situation. Bruce Lee was confronted and he summarily refused to continue with Hong Kong as his dream of becoming an AMERICAN action star were finally being realized. The assassination had to look like an accident, so thus we have the Bruce Lee died of an acute, hyper reaction, so rare it happens only in 1/1000000 people. That's how a lot of Hong Kong yan(people) think it happened, but true to form, the chinese will never speak it.

Another theory, not so popular:
The chinese gods killed Bruce Lee to prevent him from finishing perhaps the worst movie ever concocted: Game of Death. They saw what he was making, and in the flash of godly angers killed him to stop such a horrid flick from ruining Bruce Lee's memory amongst the populace. Of course, as all good chinese gods some were probably sleeping or away and didn't catch the parts he had started, or that his name was attached to the film, but they took him nonetheless, joss!

Ti-Kwon-Leap
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as usual the Gods' lack of afforesight prevented them from knowing that Game Of Death would be hastily "finished" and released in a sorrier state than if Bruce had completed it himself.
So much for divine intervention.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: