Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if bruce lee was a "fake" or whatever he contributed more to martial arts that any other person ever has. He made a choice to question tradition and customise techniques that worked for him instead of useing things that worked for someone else.

And the fact that he had such an impact on the martial art community is highlighted now becuase people continue to talk about him ( and question his methods, which im sure he WOULD have wanted) 30 years after his death.

RIP Bruce

Shotokan_Fighter
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate 4 life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruce lee is a legend

nuff said

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kyle-san
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much about him being a fake as showing that his methods weren't as infallable as some people make them out to be. Despite the fact that the truth will never be known, I feel that was an excellent article.

StoneSkin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of dark things about Bruce, but everyone has skeletons in there closet. He was very good martial artist, but In my opinion is he is compared with other martial artist way to much. Bruce died in his prime everyone will remember him in his prime. Just think about Elvis when he was in his prime, and how differntly he would be remembered if he died in his prime. Im not bashing Elvis here. He is still the King.

Prodigal Son
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: wing chun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let Bruce RIP ? Are you serious ? Someone who wanted the limelight as much as Brucey would turn in their grave if they thought they were not being talked about after their death.

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

I liked Stoneskin's point about quiting when you are ahead. Perhaps Bruce would have gone the way of The King, if he had lived long enough and eaten enough squirells. Maybe he would be running a cheap JKD school in the YMCA, cashing in on his former glory...

>>>PS<<<

P.S. I think he was a great martial artist and actor - but by no means the best. Doesn't mean he was a 'fake', though.

shotokanwarrior
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Self Defense

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree rip bruce lee he did impact martial arts.

StoneSkin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also look at what happend to Van Damme, when Bloodsport and kickboxer were new he was amazing, then he got really hooked on drugs got older, got beat up in a night club etc. Bruce was a great martial artist, but people just need to stop comaparing other martial artists to him.

Synaesthesia
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: dillantettish word warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dead should be kicked while they're down. Since they can't be offended we should take that golden opportunity to dicuss and hence learn from their shortcomings.

I'll so some serious haunting if nobody comes to dance on my grave!

Playaloc916
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: TKD, Wing Chun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of bloodsport, I would've liked some more info about Frank Dux. I read that book by him (can't remember the title), and it had some pictures of him breaking some records and such.
There was one picture of him sitting, with 23 people trying to pull him up, and they couldn't. That was one of the world records (I don't know if it still is now).
Van Damme is a fool. Has anyone seen his first movie? He was playing a gay cab driver or something. Lol.

About Bruce Lee, after reading the article, all you can say is you'll never know. The provided accounts are contradictory. But fake or not, he had a huge impact on martial arts.

martialartist1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: no style as style

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simply bruce lee wasnt a fake, but the worlds greatest martial artists of all time or that ever lived!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: