Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ninjacop
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: chun Kuk Do Reply with quote

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:40 am Post subject: Chun Kuk Do

--------I will apologize in advance if the question has already been put out their.

I’ve read a lot posts on many forums but have not found anyone who is studying my style. So the question I have is, Are there any Chun Kuk Do Karate Practiceners out threr if so then where and how is your training coming along? It's time we get on the map sort of speak... I am studing at club Karate, Lady's Island SC under Master Ellis

chiliphil1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, nice to see some one else on here who is studying the chuck Norris system! I have been out of the art for a while, but this is the style I studied, I went to a place called Burnette karate in Georgia. The school was under the American fighting arts federation which is a spin off of ufaf. As I said before I have been out of it for a while, but am coming back now, but mostly training on my own, I have not set foot into the studio at this point, but may soon. So, how do you like the style? How's your training coming?

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started in the UFAF in 1979.....yikes!

http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

LongsSC2ndBlack
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Chun Kuk Do, Tae Kwon Do, Kenpo Karate

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Chun Kuk DO Reply with quote

I currently study Chun Kuk Do of UFAF under Master Tony Geouge in Little River, SC. I just returned to to sport after a several year lay off to heal injuries. It differs from Tae Kwon Do (which I have my 2nd dan in) in many ways, tough getting used to. I have a great instructor and the classes are engaging. I am now learning what each move is for and how to defend against it!

Dobbersky
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Black Tiger Ashihara Karate Jutsu, Japanese Kickboxing, Cheng Man Ch'ing TaiChi

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have this style in the UK as far as I am aware, Welcome to the Forum

KyungYet
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: 100% powered by Tang Soo Do for nearly 30 years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two years later, I wonder where you are in your Chun Kuk Do training and if you still practice?

I started in a Chuck Norris school in 1984 and joined UFAF a few years later. However, all the UFAF schools in my area closed shortly afterwards when Mr. Norris moved away and took my instructor, Rick Prieto, with him. Hence, I'm sort of stuck in a 1980s UFAF time-warp. I'm definitely not Chun Kuk Do, but I'm not traditional Tang Soo Do, either.

How's it going? Still at it? Do you like it?

KY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: