Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One tournament we had in the sparring portion everyone noticed there were two kids in the ring just really going after each other. I mean really going after each other and laughing in the process. Well it turned out it was a brother and sister. Of course the parents were laughing hysterically. Every other set of parents were not sure how to react.

I don't remember who won. But I will never forget the way everyones attention was drawn to the procedings. It was all in good fun. No one got hurt. And everyone left in good spirits.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

username237
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sorry but i have to disagree.Bigger people may have more power but the point im trying to make is that if they use it in the wrong context eg; Running at their apponent in hope they will run in the opposite direction, then it wont work will it! If people use their weight in that way then its just easier to pick them off and score easy points! Then again if a bigger fighter has a better technique than you, thats when you've had it!! see what i mean?

Tobias_Reece
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Matayoshi Okinawawn Kobudo, Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joanne

I know EXACTLY who you are talking about - shes one of mine

It gets me as well...she uses very little tactics and juts runs straight in, thinking it will work every time.

She got chucked off our sparring team for this, and she couldn't understand why!!!

And for anyone whos interested, she lost her semi-final match because she got annoyed, lost control, and ran in - three times in a row!!

You have to laugh at these people

C ya

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner
West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy
2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, a waste of time and talent. I couldn't beileve it after, she threw the belt dowbn at one of her senior instructors, not a very good example for the young ones!

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

username237
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to be a little subtle about who i meant , but it does really tick me off! And also, dont know if you know this but she swore at Jordan while he was reffing one of her fights and was very lucky she didnt get shikaku. I quote "I never even ****ing touched him , ***k off." Karatekas need a lot more respect than that!! Although if she didnt just run in and used more tactics she really would be a good fighter, but i just dont think she realises.

And for anyone else who is interested , she lost this semi final fight against me.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a thread elsewhere dealing with the idea that Karate builds character. The opposing thought is Karate can reveal lack of character and bring out the bad and the good qualities one possesses.

I really see what you are describing Joanne. And I have seen similar versions.

Size is sometimes a strength sometimes a weakness depending on how it is used. Helping someone learn to use it more effectively must be a great challange as is helping any student break bad habits.

Somewhere in that situation is potential for anyone around to learn.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago a buddy I was competing with was doing a Katana Form and he did a strike in his form to the throat of an adversary with the edge facing the ceiling. He over emphasized the retraction of the strike gliding the edge under the bottom of the nose causing him to drop his weapon and grab his nose to hold all the blood back. Needless to say he was rushed to the hospital and got numerous stitches. The sad part was this was in blackbelt competition.

Pete

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: