Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious if anyone has seen the video clip online of his death and if so how bad did it upset you? I watched this and can't believe how barbaric people can be. I won't reveal the link that it is on cause I do not want to be responsible for childen viewing it. It is extremely horrific. The video shows them severing his head from his body and holding it up like a trophy. Makes you want to join the military to help fight for his justice.

Pete

Blade13
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent seen that and dont particularly want to, although there is that morbid curiosity. That is horrible!! Ur definately right about joining the military.

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sound horrible! who is he?

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choi Kwang Do

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'd have to say if anything it makes me want to take up medicine. The military may be more humane in many Western countries, but they still kill. Almost all killing is unnecessary and barbaric.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckdstudent you have a good idea about killing being barbaric. I totally agree. H owever, people such as Bin Laden should be destroyed, period

Phantasmatic
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu, Shorei-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Kobudo, Judo, Shin-Kage Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a part of me that wants to see the video and another part that wants me to avoid it. I probably shouldn't see it because all it will make me do is be mad.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they took it off the net. I wouldn't recommend seeing it. It will just give you way too much to think about and put images in your mind that won't do you any good.

ckdstudent
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choi Kwang Do

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said almost all deaths, the exceptions are those who make murderers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Bitseach
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Why would anyone WANT to see someone getting their throat cut? That's just sick. One sees enough death and blood in day-to-day life without seeking more.
2) So when are you all joining the military? I believe the US Army, amongst the other services, is recruiting at present. Go to http://www.goarmy.com for more details. A lot of people do *talk* about joining the military but very few will do it! Instead of taking up the macho stuff that will seldom be needed why not try some voluntary work to build the society that you have, and that is work that definitely WILL be needed and used. It's not as "cool" as fighting but it's just as useful.

Bits'
(formerly British Army)

[ This Message was edited by: Bitseach on 2002-06-10 12:24 ]

searcher
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Chito-ryu(Shorin and Shorei), Isshinryu, Hawaiian Kenpo, Judo, Ryukyu Kobudo Currently studying ITF TKD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitseach, you are right about a lot of people talking about the military and not joining. Some people are not meant to be soldiers. If martial artists want to be a help to the world lets better equip our current soldiers with what we have to offer. I train several special operations troops at my school and I offer them the training for free as long as they are currently serving in the military. We have the responsibility ti help in any way we can, but remeber you can't stop a war by taking part in one.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: