Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

kainekai
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Kyoshinkai & Hybrid Wrestling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Listen to ZeroJustice Reply with quote

If walking away was so easy, he would have walked away and be the end of it. Protect yourself if needed and prove a point. If the next time anyone tries anything and it's not so easy, they will think twice.

ShotokanKid
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Shotokan Karate, Judo, FMA/Inosanto Kali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Listen to ZeroJustice Reply with quote

kainekai wrote:
If walking away was so easy, he would have walked away and be the end of it.

Are you talking about me?

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Enviroman
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Kosho Shorei Ryu Kempo and Aikido

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
yeah but thats slightly different, but in essense i agree - there isnt a huge amount schools can do about bullying in the long term

I think there are measures that can be taken to reduce the amount of bullying. Tougher punishments, for one. Suspending a kid in the 8th grade means literally nothing. It'll never show up on his college applications and it'll probably be nothing more than a vacation.

As for what sort of punishments would be fair and would also deter this sort of behavior...well, I'm not sure.

Lazyeyedhobo
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Boxing and some moves I learned from my Dad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw tougher punishments! Because of the Zero Tolerance Policy if you are caught defending yourself in a fight you automaticaly get a 3 day suspension. I got in a fight that I diddnt even start and I got 5 days. I guess that means if you are defending yourself and you break the other guy's nose you both get 5 days automaticaly. And you arent aloud to make up the school work you missed! That made my A average drop down to a low B.

Why_Worry
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are PUSHING me i would slide around them and push them from the back into each other then walk away. But if that doesnt work and you actually need to fight i wouldnt recomend do a million strikes. Maybe just do a couple to each person fairly light. You know, just enough to make them say "Ow, taht really hurt." Just like hit them in the solar plexus so they bend over for like a few seconds and walk away. or just put one in an arm lock and most likely the other people will stop for the moment.

What i would do in a big group is i would just slide aorund and push them into each other and trip them and make fools of them without really hurting them punch except for a couple of light punches to make them bend over for a few seconds so they dont want it to happen again.

However it happens, just make sure youd ont wind up on the ground being kicked and stomped on.

Rich_2k3
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Trodai Karate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that this kid is getting picked on and pushed around by MULTIPLE bullies, who may be bigger than him aswell. If you tell them to stop they'll laugh and probably try harder and if you actually hit them (when there in a group) they will most likely go tag team on you. Its hard to give advice when I dont know what the school, teachers, bullies and you are like, but i'd say make them loose interest, dont give them any satisfaction, they'll probably leave you alone eventually, the storm will pass trust me. In the mean time train hard and workout.

Why_Worry
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know alot of peopel are going to be mad at me for saying this probably or think its stupid, but i something i was just thinking, is if people are trying ot hit you at school, just have a little bit of fun and do what you want as long as it doesnt involve seriuosly hurting them or anythign worse than a few light hits, but jsut have some fun and if that means running, then run, or if its dogdging dodge, or blocking block. Just do what you think right.

KarateKid6781
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Doe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they just want you to fight back, throw a punch at them, walk away, dont give them the satisfaction of a fight

mean fighter
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tae kwon do (ITF)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking away is always the best answer but call me a mommas boy no matter how many thier is or how big they are the on thing that gets me into angry MAs mode is when they make fun of my mom.

younwhagrl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Youn Wha Ryu {2nd degree Red}

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well use their momentum w/ the push grab bouth of their hands with your arm wrapped around both of their arms under the armpit and pull them foward and elbow strike to the face...that is what i would do!
www.YounWha.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: