Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sai!!!! You just listed all of my favorites!! Stephen King (The Master!!), Anne Rice (I just finished Merrick) and Dean Kootz - can't get enough of them! And I'm also an insane reader too Sai...I can't stop! My next book will be the new one written by Stephen King and Peter Straub...waiting for it to come out on paperback and I can't for the life of me remember what the heck it's called!!!!

Lori

-Unknown-

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Kickbutt. Did you like The Talisman? I should really go back and edit some of my poor spelling huh?

Actually I am currently reading a book that is a collection of survivor stories. Survivors of shipwrecks, plane crashes and such. The stories (all true) are arranged in historic order from some of the oldest to some of the newest. It is pretty cool.

I read a on a really wide variety of topics and until the computer read about 60-70 books a year.

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone read the Tao of Physics by any chance?

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we just had a Moving Sale and no one bought any books that my Mom didn't want anymore, so I saved a bunch for me to read.

Most were by Steven King and some by Koontz.

Let me see how many I can recollect.

Insomniac, The Shining, Pet Cemetary, TommyKnockers, It, Four Past Midnight, Christine.

From Koontz: Hideaway, Funhouse, Servants of the Twilight and The Bad Place.

And there were a few others.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen King Scares me...he must have such a twisted mind!

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Jiggy, some of the stuff I've read from him is just so bizarre, that I wonder if the man is truly sane lmao...but he doesn't hold back and that's what I love about his writing. I find that his insane sense of humor takes away from the scary story lines, as he's always coming at you with some funny quip...so for me it's just pure entertaintment!! And yes Sai, I read the Talisman and LOVED it!! the new book is a continuation of the story, except the boy is now a man and a police officer...can't wait to read it!

Lori

-Unknown-

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rofl Jiggy.

Actually I didn't know I like these kinds of books until after I got into the talking book program. One of the first books they sent me was The Shining. So here I am one night laying in bed listening to this book(in the dark) with my faithful cat at my side listening with me. It got a little freaky and Audriel was looking around like she was seeing things in the shadows and I kind of was too.

Then it got to one of the scenes with things in the hotels elevator. About that time the elevator on the other side of my bedroom wall started humming into motion......

:bawling:Kind of really added to the mystique of the book.

Actually I think my favorite King book is The Stand.

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necroscope series by Brian Lumley

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished a book about an around the world sailing yacht race. The guts of the book was made up of interactions between the team mates on the individual boats and between the other boats. And how things changed as the race went on.

Like how at the beginning of the race some teams were out to win. Some were in just to be in and finish. And at the beginning there was a lot of rivalry and secretiveness between the teams.

That changed as the race went on. The teams became closer to each other. It changed more to a tone of not us against each other but us (racers) against the spectator world.

Kind of made me think of how things go in karate. How in the beginning as white belts some start classes bound and determined to get a black belt. And some are just there. And how there is a bond among martial artist even if they don't necessarily practice the same style or art.

Am I warped because I see similarites between the martial arts and other activities? Or am I weird because I think about them?

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My all time favorite book is Catcher in the Rye but I like the Lord of the Rings series and the Magic: The Gathering series.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: