Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Judodad_karateson
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: judo, boxing, Karate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Favorite Fictional Martial Art Reply with quote

Anyone have a favorite fictional Martial Art? What are would you like to learn? Mok'bara of the Klingons? The Drug-enhanced, prescience MA Prana-Bindu of Frank Herberts Dune? Déjà-fu is Discworld? The Gun Kata of Equilibrium? Lightsaber fighting? Rex Kwon Do? Ameri-do-te? Frank Dux style ninjitsu?

Wado Heretic
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu , Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu (Kodokan), RyuKyu Kobojutsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Dux-Ryu or F.A.S.S.T is very real. Sadly, it is one of the better formulated systems with a faux history, so still manages to have traction.

In terms of fictional martial art, I would not call myself a fan of any; however, I do enjoy light-saber fighting choreography. As they are not authentic swords, flinning is forgivable and can be interpreted as just how the weapons are used. I find suspension of disbelief easier with them compared to poor fencing practice with actual swords in films.

Prana-Bindu is perhaps the most compelling I have encountered with regards to sci-fi/fictional martial arts, as it is part of a broader narrative on the human condition. In that sense it captures the inability to render martial arts divisible from conflict and politics, which are deeply human affairs, and brings forth the question the benefit of the use of performance enhancing drugs with relation to enhanced capacity in the realm of violence.

I do enjoy wielding the bat'leth; it is a terrifying weapon with regards to it's versatility and practicality. I sometimes prefer to practice with my bat'leth over my traditional weapons when ever I find myself feeling under motivated.

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water bending from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I have a water bending tattoo...

CredoTe
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi-Ryu (Shorin-Ryu), Hung Gar (Hung Siu Lum)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two:

1. The Blademaster sword forms from The Wheel of Time saga by Robert Jordan.

2. Earth Bending from Avatar: The Last Airbender (check out my KF avatar image...).

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

liger
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: RyobuKai (Shindo Jinen Ryu)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The anime history strongest disciple Kenichi- There really isn't a name other then MMA really. I love the main characters martial arts. There is another one in that one that all his art is prediction and retaliation. I can't think of his name tho .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: