Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

tatsujin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Ryusei-ha Ryukyu Kempo Karate-jutsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject: Feedback Needed! New patch/logo design (v2.5 posted) Reply with quote

An old student of mine recently convinced me that I should do some updating of things, create a website, get a new patch/logo, etc. Not sure about it, but I had some time on my hands.

I would like to get the feedback from folks here (be as honest as you'd like, I have thick skin). I didn't know where to post this...so I thought that since I am a "karate guy", I would put it here.

Have a look and let me know.

Thank you.

Last edited by tatsujin on Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

tatsujin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the following is what I am calling v2.5. For some reason, the background on this visually appeals to me and I think it works well for the website as a "logo". The patch would not include it.

I would be interested in your thoughts on this.

Also, the diamonds you so around the outside edge are throwing me off currently (visually). I have asked my graphics person to change it such that the outside diamonds are light (white) and the inside set are dark (red).

Thoughts on that? Currently, it just seems off balance...

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a patch, what size do you have in mind? Our Shindokan shield is 4-inch; not to small, not too big. My avatar here at KF IS the Shindokan Shield. I do like your design overall. The diamonds play tricks with my eyes, whereas, if the diamonds on the east were switched, were the solid red and the open were switched. Perhaps that's the OCD in me.

tatsujin
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
As a patch, what size do you have in mind? Our Shindokan shield is 4-inch; not to small, not too big. My avatar here at KF IS the Shindokan Shield. I do like your design overall. The diamonds play tricks with my eyes, whereas, if the diamonds on the east were switched, were the solid red and the open were switched. Perhaps that's the OCD in me.

Size is an interesting question...

I was thinking 4.5" by 3.5". Full chest coverage and no need for sizing down to a child's size as I would never be teaching children.

Unfortunately, I have found that going above 4" in patch design drives the cost insanely high. I don't teach commercially and don't need alot of these done. I don't have issues with being able to pay for a small run of them, but it is just the principle of the thing I guess.

So, I may just end up at 4" x 3" and go from there.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people that needs to actually have one in hand to make a good decision that I will be able to live with and that is tough to do in a situation like this.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: