Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Stold
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Food for thought on "real" Ki/Chi/prana Reply with quote

I see a lot of questions on here, a lot about fireballs and crap in general. Here's a little bit of an explanationon the basic understanding of Ki.

First of all, lets talk about how most all Qi-Gong training starts--With breathing. Learning the correct way to breathe. Which is, expanding of the stomach and contracting or just non-movement of the chest. Basically just breathing with the diaphram. This has several uses, such as stretching the lungs, massaging the internal organs, and using the larger clusters of aveoli found at the bottom of the lungs. Now is it such a surprise that Chi directly translates to "air?" What do we breathe? Air? Oxygen! Our bodies burn oxygen as energy in several different ways.

This is just a simple way of beginners way to think of ki. It can be much more complex. "Energy" can be a very good definition, but it gets people thinking that they can throw fireballs or shoot lightning bolts, which is utter crap if you ask anyone who knows what they are talking about.

Ki healing, however, does seem to be real. Although I have never seen it done, it might makes sense that someone could stimulate the flow of blood and oxygen to an area. Or maybe not. I don't know, that's advanced stuff, I am just posting some basic crap. ^_^

CloudDragon
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Karate, Jujitsu, Kenpo, Taekwondo, Kendo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks

Warp Spider
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I can throw a ball of fire! It's kind of stupid though, it doesn't even do any apparent harm, just kind of bounces off.

I can shoot a lightning bolt too (albeit a small one) if I scuff my feet on the carpet long enough.

sano
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: shidokan karate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but there is a such think as a kaioken attack. emotions can make a lot of people strong.

kempocos
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: RYUKYU KEMPO,MODERN ARNIS, ISSHINRYU,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stold I agree , it help to get the body and breath insync so it will work at peak effciency , max power and speed with min. drain on the energy.

Psychoassasin
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Breath/sound, action/movement, thought~emotion/spirit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Food for thought on "real" Ki/Chi/prana Reply with quote

Stold wrote:

"Energy" can be a very good definition, but it gets people thinking that they can throw fireballs or shoot lightning bolts, which is utter crap if you ask anyone who knows what they are talking about.

I don't know, that's advanced stuff, I am just posting some basic crap. ^_^

These two bits correlate well. There are ways to use ones Ki/Chi/Prana/Aura/Kundalini/Energy as an attack or defense. Like you say, "that's advanced stuff". Please, refrain from generalizations when it comes to Ki, it is very powerful and capable of anything for it is the "force of the universe". Fireballs and lightning bolts are not utter crap, you have asked those whom are ignorant if that is what they have told you. The Fakir have been known to accomplish some amazing feats with channeling this energy. There are other monks that have been able to create earthquakes with simple chants. However, being able to tap into the universe and use such energy has eluded the majority of the people on this planet, even though it is easy. The thing that gets most of them is the communal disbelief in its existence. Even so, it does exist and can be used.

JerryLove
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try my best to avoid these discussions and instead focus on real and useful Chi-related-stuff... sometimes my sense of indignation gets the better of me.

Quote:
There are ways to use ones Ki/Chi/Prana/Aura/Kundalini/Energy as an attack or defense.

While I agree with the statement, I note your complete lack of support for it.

Quote:
Please, refrain from generalizations when it comes to Ki, it is very powerful and capable of anything for it is the "force of the universe".

Please prove your two claims.

Quote:
Fireballs and lightning bolts are not utter crap, you have asked those whom are ignorant if that is what they have told you. The Fakir have been known to accomplish some amazing feats with channeling this energy.

Known by whom? Where can I go witness this? Who performed a controlled study? Where is the study published? Who has repeated the experiment?

What amazing feats have been accomplished? What can you provide to show they occured? How can you established their cuase?

Quote:
There are other monks that have been able to create earthquakes with simple chants.
Such as who? When? which Earthquake? Under what conditions? Reliably? Ever been tested for? By whom? Published where? Reviewd by which body?

Quote:
However, being able to tap into the universe and use such energy has eluded the majority of the people on this planet, even though it is easy. The thing that gets most of them is the communal disbelief in its existence. Even so, it does exist and can be used.

Support.

Psychoassasin
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know this was the skeptics forum.
Apparently it is laziness that prevents you from finding the answers you seek. Since you are skeptical of the things I have stated maybe you should do some research and find for yourself. What is it about the skeptical mind that disallows others to believe? Is it jealousy? Is it fear? To quote a friend of mine, "There is no proof, only perception."

Psychoassasin
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Speaking of perceptions... Reply with quote

...Is it true that for motion that there is a breath? That with every breath there is a sound? Is a thought really an electro-chemical action? That with all these frequencies of energy that there is a force? What makes it so hard to understand that one can concentrate/manipulate the direction of said forces? What is yin-yang but a spiral within an infinite spiral?

Drunken Monkey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: white chocolate profiteroles and natas....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i still hear that no "chi master" has passed the glass of water test...

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: