Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Chalkdust22
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Full time baguazhang, bajiquan xingyi in china... Where Reply with quote

How can I find a full time kung fu school in China or Taiwan or anywhere for the above Kung Fu styles (or others)

I want to train at least five to 10 years full time.

I'm 38.

I before this was trying to get into Caribbean studies gradschool.

If someone is interested I can tell you what sort of texts I wanted to engage with.

Is it too late? I feel guilty for even thinking of doing this.

But I'm schizophrenic and this sort of thing is good for the human organism imho.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to KF, Chalkdust22; glad that you're here.

It's never too late to train in any Martial Art (MA) because the MA isn't dependent totally on the age of the practitioner.

Sorry, I'll be of no help in your request. Perhaps, let your fingers do the walking on the internet and see what pops up per your request. Some Headquarter or Governing Body or the individual schools might be found. Personally, I don't know of any Kung Fu schools/Organizations personally in China or Taiwan.

Good luck in your search, and please let us know if you're able to find what you're looking for.

Appledog
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Chen Style Tai Chi, Xinyi Liuhe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Full time baguazhang, bajiquan xingyi in china... Where Reply with quote

Chalkdust22 wrote:
How can I find a full time kung fu school in China or Taiwan or anywhere for the above Kung Fu styles (or others)

I want to train at least five to 10 years full time.

I'm 38.

I before this was trying to get into Caribbean studies gradschool.

If someone is interested I can tell you what sort of texts I wanted to engage with.

Is it too late? I feel guilty for even thinking of doing this.

But I'm schizophrenic and this sort of thing is good for the human organism imho.

Hi, I live in Taiwan for 20 years and I am a student of Kung Fu and Tai Chi. Our famliy style includes Bajiquan, Xingyiquan, Xinyi Liuhe and Chen style. Our style of Bajiquan is a family system from Wang Ziping and is not the same as others (but that only means it's different, not better). Additionally Taiwan is well-known for baji instruction and I know several local places where you can dig deep into Bajiquan if what I have isn't to your liking. What our family system did is integrate Bajiquan, Xinyi/Xingyi and Chen style so that they operate in unison. Another branch of our family does Baguazhang but I didn't learn it (the arts I do know are already a lot, for me, anyways). I can talk to you more about Bagua in DM if your interested.

Depending on what you want to learn I can either teach you directly or point you in the right direction. Taiwan where I live is a very peaceful place and is a great place to come to learn because the cost of living is very cheap. Your extra benefit is that I'm an English Canadian and my lineage is very famous. Send me a DM and we can talk about what you need, but in all honesty this will be somewhat expensive. I am a professional teacher so my cost is relatively low, but the living expenses here will be something like $12,000 USD for one year. That will give you an awesome apartment, clothing, cellphone, tv internet, all the food you can eat, and a bike or scooter to get around.. as well as any incidentals I suppose.

You would be joining an in-door class with family members and we train 2 hours in the morning from 5am, then between 2 and 4 hours again in the afternoon and evening. I've actually been meaning to extend these sessions and if someone else serious was to join we might go 3 or 4 hours in the morning. But if you are not able to do this it can hurt you. The weather is great too, never too cold.

If you're interested send me a message and the worst that can happen is I can tell you about all the other schools you might be interested in. I live in the south end of Taiwan, in the country, but very close to Tainan city, so it is the best of both worlds. If you are serious there is nothing stopping you from getting lineage in this system, is there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: