Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

mushybees
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Wado ryu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Generous cut karate gi Reply with quote

Hi.
I'm on a mission to find my wife a 10/12oz karate gi that fits her.
She's short with a large bust and wide hips which is making it very difficult finding a gi which fits.
We could size up to find something that fits across the chest but she'll end up looking like a flying squirrel when she lifts her arms.
She fits my Blitz white diamond gi but at 14oz it's too heavy for her, ahe has a tendency to overheat. The blitz gis are known to be generously cut which woyld explain it.
Also trousers need to be a trad drawer string, not elasticated.
Oh, and also japanese cut
Are there any ladies on the forum in the same boat and what did you find that fits?

Thanks guys.

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a lady, but I've needed to get my karate gi (yes, our dobak actually is a karate gi in our school) altered. Find something that fits horizontally, and have it altered. Since this will likely cost some money to do, it's probably worth while to order a quality gi. I've had great luck with Meijin's gis. The quality is amazing, and the prices aren't too bad.

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend getting a Gi altered if one particular type fits well, especially if it suits the climate that you live in.

Where I live in Australia, the temperature varies anywhere from 4-5 Degrees Celcius (41 Deg. Fahrenheit) to 40 Deg. Celcius (104 Fahrenheit). Then combining it with me being overweight a gi that keeps me cool is vital!

I have a Jols Gi (not sure if sold internationally), which is really light but is probably at max 8 oz. And it isn't great if you do a lot of groundwork.

Whereas I also own a Seishin Gi, which is a heavier gi and if you live in a hot area might not be the greatest if you don't have air conditioning.

Although Both go really well being altered and from what i've found it hasn't compromised the quality of the uniform in the slightest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: