Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, it isn't a joke. The only possible person I can say this about is myself. I took Kickboxing and really didn't have any power in any technique. I had leg muscle when I kicked and arm muscle when I punched. As soon as I started learning from my current Sensei, I had much more power and ability. I could punch harder and faster. I could one punch people now. You may not believe it, and quite frankly I really don't care. If you laugh at it because you don't believe it, then never ever say on this board that you are all for equality. I am quite fed up with hypocritical people. I have no problem with others people beliefs, issues, and wants; just don't laugh, scoff, or joke about it to their face (so to speak).

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your kickboxing instructor must not have been very good. Power is generated from the hips and waist. I'm glad your karate instructor taught you correctly, although I still think I could teach you more powerful kicks than karate.

Tim Greer
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can learn very basic techniques in a matter of hours, practice them and get used to them, to effectively block any attack without hurting themselves. If this person was blocking with his hand, or otherwise getting hurt from trying to block a kick or strike, than that person had no knowledge and that's not a very effective comparison to say what art or style would be more effective. That person simply didn't know what they were doing.

Also, if I'm not around for a while, I'm just away training. :-)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with egarlocks comment about range. I have no 3D vision and so cannot judge distance or range... but this does not make me an ineffective fighter. Instead, I rely on highly developed instinct to judge how hard I'm hitting an opponent. I've never hurt anyone yet, and my opponents are none the viser as to my eye problems.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: