Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To many people smoke weed in my school. Everybody almost. they keep saying that it is not bad for you and taht i didnt kill anybody.

i of course would never smoke weed but aaaaa, i tried it and it was werid.

what do you think, do you think weed is bad for you. don't worry i'll never do it again.

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, well MuayTB1 I havent smoked or smoked weed
but one thing I know is that my older sister she smokes and probably weed to
She usually does smoke when she gets angry or like * off to clam down

P.S. I found out because I over heard sometimes conversations with her talking to friends about going smoking

Well I wouldn't know if it's bad for me but I guessing it is

well I personally don't wanna be a one

chh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't follow it closely but I think they have yet to prove that pot poses any danger to your health, and it's not physically addictive. Of course it can impair your judgment (or I think more accurately, give you an excuse to do something irrational knowing you can just blame the drug later), if you get high and start driving or wandering around construction areas or any of the other brilliant things doped up people decide to do then you'll probably have a problem. Also, you have to remember you never REALLY know what you're smoking, it could be laced with anything under the sun. And, of course, if it suits your personality, you could turn into one of those people who wants nothing but to sit on the couch, get high, watch daytime television and say "duuuuuuuude" a lot. In that way it's as addicting as video games for some folks. That was the most common negative effect it had on my high school pot-head friends. The ones that managed to hurt/kill themselves or ended up in prison were mostly drunk or in a couple cases on hard stuff like coke and heroin, and I guess within a couple decades here the smokers will start dropping.

When I was in high school my dad said if I quit smoking he'd give me a quarter bag of pot per month. I think was kidding.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do agree that it isn't addictive phsically, it can be very emotionally addictive. Some people may use it as a way of dealing - or rather not - with issues or stress and that can be very damaging. Another side effect would be that when you're high, you're definately not as clear-headed as you normally would be and that can affect your performance at work or school, not to mention how tired and perhaps irritable you may become from getting 'burned out'. One thing that may get your attention ....it will affect your sex-drive!!! Yes!!! You will have problems in the long-term with your unit (or non-unit, whatever the case may be)!! I don't believe it's any more harmful than alcohol however and drinking is far more socially acceptable simply because it's legal and everyone does it. I believe to each his/her own, as long as you aren't hurting anyone - if you choose to hurt yourself, that's your own choice but I can't imagine not wanting what's best for yourself - to be the very best that you can be!!!!

Lori

-Unknown-

[ This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on 2002-02-07 12:47 ]

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weed is not as bad a tobacco and ive never heard of anybody getting killed by smoking weed.

but it does make you really slow! talk to some guys in my english class........after 5 mins with them you'll know that they like to get a little toasty on the weekends

i do not smoke weed and dont really plan to either......but if u do it its not really that big of a deal

i just tend to stay away from the drugs

Piastre
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you enjoy schizophrenia and paranoia, then it's the drug for you.

chh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, personally I'd recommend poor quality acid for those effects, Piastre, pot won't get most people there. (Not to say either drug can actually cause schizophrenia, of course, but similar symptoms, maybe.)

Piastre
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all research has positively linked marijuana use with schizophrenia, and my lovely girlfriend's drug-f***** ex-boyfriend has proved this case in point to me.
However different people are effected in different ways by drugs.
But does anyone really think that if there were such a thing as "recreational drugs", any government would miss out on the excise taxes that legalising these drugs would raise?

Piastre
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prolonged use of most if not all hallugenogenic drugs can cause schizophrenia and other pyschotic reactions by their very nature.
The interesting thing is that LSD was originally developed to HELP sufferers of mental illness in the 1930's. The doctor who developed it absorbed some, tripped and the rest is history!

three60roundhouse
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marijuana
Usually smoked as a cigarette or joint, or in a pipe or bong, marijuana has appeared in "blunts" in recent years. These are cigars that have been emptied of tobacco and re-filled with marijuana, sometimes in combination with another drug, such as crack. Some users also mix marijuana into foods or use it to brew tea.

The main active chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Short-term effects of marijuana use include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem-solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate, anxiety, and panic attacks.

Health Hazards

Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. Researchers have found that THC changes the way in which sensory information gets into and is acted on by the hippocampus. This is a component of the brain's limbic system that is crucial for learning, memory, and the integration of sensory experiences with emotions and motivations. Investigations have shown that THC suppresses neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus. In addition, researchers have discovered that learned behaviors, which depend on the hippocampus, also deteriorate.

Effects on the Lungs. Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers have. These individuals may have daily cough and phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis, and more frequent chest colds. Continuing to smoke marijuana can lead to abnormal functioning of lung tissue injured or destroyed by marijuana smoke.

Regardless of the THC content, the amount of tar inhaled by marijuana smokers and the level of carbon monoxide absorbed are three to five times greater than among tobacco smokers. This may be due to marijuana users inhaling more deeply and holding the smoke in the lungs.

Effects of Heavy Marijuana Use on Learning and Social Behavior. A study of college students has shown that critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning are impaired among people who use marijuana heavily, even after discontinuing its use for at least 24 hours. Researchers compared 65 "heavy users," who had smoked marijuana a median of 29 of the past 30 days, and 64 "light users," who had smoked a median of 1 of the past 30 days. After a closely monitored 19- to 24-hour period of abstinence from marijuana and other illicit drugs and alcohol, the undergraduates were given several standard tests measuring aspects of attention, memory, and learning. Compared to the light users, heavy marijuana users made more errors and had more difficulty sustaining attention, shifting attention to meet the demands of changes in the environment, and in registering, processing, and using information. The findings suggest that the greater impairment among heavy users is likely due to an alteration of brain activity produced by marijuana.

Longitudinal research on marijuana use among young people below college age indicates those who used have lower achievement than the non-users, more acceptance of deviant behavior, more delinquent behavior and aggression, greater rebelliousness, poorer relationships with parents, and more associations with delinquent and drug-using friends.

Information provided by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: