Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Rotten Head Fok
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Choy-Li-Fut, Tai Chi Chuan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Heart Rate Monitors Reply with quote

Hello all, as I have said before I am getting back into my MA life. Things have changed since I was in a school. So not wanting to live in a "cave" anymore I feel that modern technology is here for us to use. I have been looking around and finding all types of new things to help an athelete.
Do you use a Heart rate monitor ?
Do you think it's a piece of equipment that will help ? or just another flashy gadget ?
I'm looking at a LifeSource XC300 by A&D Medical, $109.00
You can monitor your heart rate, you can also keep track of your time in zone, calories burned and weather you've drifted out of your target heart rate zone.
The are others Timex,Suunto,Polar & Cardiosport HRM's
Please tell me what you think because I want to train smarter this time!
You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

rallf
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: moren than a monitor Reply with quote

If you are not suffering from lack of IT skills or starvation I strongly suggest you get a Suunto t6. It's expensive but it calculates EPOC, VO2 and many other parameters which were previously available only through laboratory testing. The benefit? It actually makes sure you won't sweat for nothing anymore. Another great thing is that it tells you if you make the most common mistake of them all: train too hard.

Several well known MA gurus have been using it in their training programs and so are tennis and ice hockey players, cross-country skiers etc.

I heard many places are out of stock right now but keep looking and you'll find one.

For martial arts person I wouldn't recommend anything else. The HR monitors are OK for runners but not much help in more complicated sports.

see more at www.suuntot6.com

BTW, you need a PC. the software won't work on mac.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: