Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

fireka
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: isshin-ryu, hopefully soon to study boken-do

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: hi guys...please dont hurt me... Reply with quote

Hi everyone, hum...im a karate ka..*ducks under a desk until ppl stop throwing food at him* i have a friend who studies kung-fu, i think it might be shoalin but im not sure. anyways he wants to do a free spar with me and i was just wandering what the theory is behind this style so ill no what to look for. thank you.

broomhilda000
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: judo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres to many styles in kung fu to anticipate whihc one he does, kicks and punches or grappling, maybe wrestling it depends. Say in your karate you must bow really low before each match then kick him in the face to start it off
Be as a tranquil pool of water in the woods. Calm, collected, reflecting on its surface all that is around it. Make your own mind such a quiet mirror reflecting the mind of the opponent. Even as your partner's impulse to attack passes through his mind it should be reflected in you.

The safest battle is the one that is never fought
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: