Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many ways to escape many different types of holds. The Basic headlock escape is what im going to talk about. In TKD we are told to use our legs and get out with a sweep of some sort. In Judo I was told to lay a quick elbow to the stomach and a quick throw to the ground finishing with some punches to the gut and face. I prefer the Judo technique because you can move faster and do more damage in my opinion. The Karate / TKD leg sweeping technique (or whatever) just isnt as good as throws when escaping Holds. This also comes up when people choose to cross train. Tell me what you think below, and how you are taught to escape holds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific as to the type of headlock and location of the attacker?

We are taught many different escapes, based on the possition of the attacker and which type of hold he's using.

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just any basic head lock, the come from behind - Both hands head lock is what I am talking about in this post. I know that there about about a billion different types of head locks! har!

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic one we're taught for that is to attack a pressure point with each hand, drop low and execute a shoulder throw. Once they're on the ground in front of you, pin with a knee to the neck.

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2001 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my form of karate we are told to find the pinky of the attacker an bend it back. If it were in a real life situation we are told to break off the pinky. If you are crosstraining take what works. It will benifit yuou in sparring.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: