Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

koreantiger81
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working perfecting this technique. It's used so much at open style tournaments. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's just a simple charging front hand back first .You suddenly shift and lean all your weight to your front foot and charge in with a back fist. For a second, your body is 45 degrees to the ground.(YOur feet are on the ground.) For the advanced ,they follow this back fist with a back punch. Anyway,i'm trying to execute this technique quicker!
Also, how far away should you be when you execute the Blitz technique? kicking range? punching range???

[ This Message was edited by: koreantiger81 on 2002-06-01 20:14 ]

3rdanblack
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: ITF and WTF Tae-Kwon-Do

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once sparred Freddy Lapan at a tounament in VT, if you don't know who he is he's ranked number 4 in full contact karate sparring. Anyways he is very excellent at this and the thing that he did to make it so good was not to make it the opening move. Open with a cut kick and that lunge in with back fist, punch. A nice alternative the the backfist, punch is the back fist than take the same hand around the helmet ridge hand. BE CAREFUL!! very easy to cream somebody in the face w/ this.

koreantiger81
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.I like the idea to use the blitz after a kick. This disguishes the blitz. What's a cut kick?

koreantiger81
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.I like the idea to use the blitz after a kick. This disguishes the blitz. What's a cut kick?

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful though
the blitz always doesnt work to how u hope it to be ,
for example, say if your opponent i doing the following combo, round kick, spinning kick, back kick
but you dont know this,
so you back up after the round kick and spinning kick, so then you go straight into the blitz, not knowing that he is going to do a back kick,
and in the end you run straight into the back kick
always make sure that the opponent wont be able to hit you just how he want to when you run up to him, throw him a dummy to put him of course and then go straight at him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

YODA
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want some good poitnts for your blits do some research into the "Fleche" from western fencing.

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find when showing people the blitz they tend to try it too square on and wonder why they can't get the acceleration coz they are just trying to run forwards. Try to do it starting form a side on then step over.

Another thing this will give you so much speed but will feel really poo at first.
Don't push off your rear leg instead bring your lead leg backwards so it's behind your centre f gravity, your body will naturally try and fall forwards, now push off the lead Leg and accelerate forwards at like you said 45degrees.

The blitz is my new toy i'm playing with at the moment. Try also not to do your backfist as an arch but straight forwards into your opponents nose then use reverse punch just to set them up for big lead hand ridge hand. If you really want to impress the crowd Keep the ridge hand going round and fire off a reverse turning kick or back kick.

Mind you if you a points fighter like me try not to do it too hard

Bretty

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One trick to getting of the line faster with your blitz it to position your back foot somewhat like a sprinter would. Don't over exaggerate it or you will telegraph it. Keep a light bounce shift 70 percent of your weight on your back let and when you're ready just push off the back foot lunging in with a backfist and follow with a reverse punch or kick. Make sure your backfist comes straight out from your shoulder. a lot of people tend to jump in the air to blitz but this leaves you way more open for a sidekick counter. Remember the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line so keep it as linear as possible. Practice short sprints of 2 to 3 steps VERY often to work your speed and timing.

Good luck,
Pete

crazydee
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be like a runner, stay on the balls of your feet and push off really hard. Go so fast that if you miss you'll fly out the ring basically. Lol. Ok, maybe thats a lil too much? But thats how you do it in point sparring. You do it all the time, especially after throwing some kicks, you come down and before your leg even hits the ground you start your backfist and soon as your leg hits you push off as hard as you can. One big thing is one good kick will hurt. and hurt bad. Imagine, blitzing right into a side kick. Ouch. but it happens, even to the best of peeps. Watch how others do it in national events. I keep saying, the best place to learn is to watch the finals.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing quick sprints for short distances. The blitz is the exact same thing except only step forward with one step and throw a backfist followed by a reverse punch.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: