Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Breakdancer
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: HOw much instruction do you need for progress Reply with quote

Hi all I'm quite new to forums and don't know much about martial arts either but i was wondering how many hours does it take to progress quickly to steadily in Kung fu. I"m thinking about joining a kung fu school that teach
praying mantis 1 day a week
Islamic Long Fist, Preying Mantis, and Chen style Tai-Chi Chuan 2 days a week
Tai-Chi Chuan 2 days a week

that all is about 8 and a half hours of instruction time, but the thing that worries me is that they do a bunch of styles all at once, which may seem good but I dont know if I will ever progress in just one style so i was wondering if any of you know that doing all those styles at once like how they teach is a good idea

paolung
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not about how much instruction you get really... back in "the day" you were lucky to get shown more than a few moves a year! and those were the 'legends' of their time!
it's about how well you do with what you have. train hard.

too much instruction = jack of all trades, master of none.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: