Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ShotokanKid
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Shotokan Karate, Judo, FMA/Inosanto Kali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: How thick knuckle pads? Reply with quote

My knuckle pads are very thin so this question arises... are the pads to protect my knuckles or the person's face. How thick should the gloves be?

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a lil of both, but perhaps the idea is to display controlled striking techniques. I assume you are referring to the cloth knuckle pads

Shito Ryu
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shito Ryu, mixed with a little Kenpo, TKD, JuJitsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pads??? For to protect your own hands or opponents body??? Real men don't wear pads. Heehehe jk. Actually search for the hand pads made by Shuraido, they are high quality pads, and are thick enough to cusion the blow to your oppent's face\body. I don't think they are there to protect your knuckles though, thats waht knuckle pushup are for, to toughen up you weak knuckles. I was playin around with my cousin ad we both wore the pads(me a karate student of 2+ years, and he a boxing styled fighter, he had never trained in any MA but that was the way he fought) and by hte time we were done both his hands were bleeding and mine weren't even raw. So just do ALOT of knuckle pushups and then all you will have to worry about is crushing your opponents\friends\families faces in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: