Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ChangWuJi
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hung fut is another hybrid system, which originated over 300 years ago as a combination of hung gar and fut gar Kung Fu.

Founder : Hung gar's founder Hung Hei Gung had a student who was a Shaolin monk named Loy Yuen. Loy Yuen founded Fut gar system. One of the Loy Yuen students, a monk called Chit Sin, combined Hung gar and Fut gar techniques into a new style which he called Hung fut.

Features : The techniques in Hung fut look very similar to those of Hung gar, except for one important feature. All Hung fut practitioners strike first with their left hands. The idea behind this unique practice is that most people are right handed and will attack initially with their right hands. When the Hung fut stylist steps to the left of that right punched blocks it, he has closed any opening for the attacker to use his own left hand as follow up punch. When the Hung fut practitioner blocks, he pushes his opponent's right arm to the left, which forces the opponent's body to turn in that direction. From there, the adversary can't use left hand to counterattack. Hung fut stylists also believe that to use the left hand first makes it easier to surprise and confuse the opposition.

Footwork follows in the same order as hand techniques. The left foot always advances first. Stances are wide and low. Fifty percent of movements are kicks and leg sweeps. Hung fut footwork moves in all four directions.
Hung fut's power is developed from stances and footwork. there is no waist action involved. Hung fut system uses dynamic tension exercises to develop strength and low stances for power and balance. Their type of power is referred to as hard ging or inch power and is strictly external power."

http://www.wugar.com/hung_fut.htm

[ This Message was edited by: ChangWuJi on 2002-02-24 17:14 ]

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this post intersted me changwuji because i being a parctioner of ho gar kung would hope mabe you could actually shed some light on to this art and the history of it, becuase i seem to be in dark with this art that i studied
you mention hung gar to be started with the left hands, but i am left handed but right footed , our art always starts with the left hand in the left stance, but there is only one exception, the form Kay Bau Sofa, is started with the right hand,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

HungFut
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is true that the Hung Fut system is based upon a combination of the Hung Gar and Fut Gar systems it has many techniques that are very much their own.

It is incorrect that 50% of the system is kicks and sweeps. Having been a humble student of the Hung Fut style for years I can safely say that in my approximation less than 15% of the system is Kicks and sweeps. The hand techniques highly emphasized. The forms are based on 10 animal styles.

Furthermore, the power is not only HARD JIN but also emphasizes SOFT JIN as well. (nearly 50/50)

Also it is incorrect that power does not come from the waist but rather low stances. The stances in the Hung Fut system are low but much power comes from the waist. But the escence of power generation truly depends upon the JIN. (soft or hard) And the escence of the animal.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: