Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is important to explain techniques with the original indigenous terminology, as difficult it is to learn, it will make perfect sense eventually.

As there might be English equivalents to many techniques, there are still many that are not easily translatable, which can cause gaps of understanding for students.

Principles and concepts that define a system of how it came in to being, its roots, myths and legends are important factors for students to learn and understand as they contain valuable information and knowledge uniquely it's own.

Pedantic teachers can become very boring (as the information can be top notch) as they can lack the alive and dynamic aspects that keeps a student on their toes

As the opposite that teach very fast and seems that everything taught becomes a blur, having the student involved in the process of what is being taught by being interactive with them is not only fun but is also useful indeed for remembering the lesson first hand.

AlwaysInTraining
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyokushin Karate

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish someone would have explained to me when i started that their are rules to sparring.
1. you will get hit and it might hurt.
2. try and learn from each other.
3. accidents will happen its not done maliciuosly.
4. if someone is going too hard they might not be aware of it and so you have to say something.
5. If you dont say anything then its your own fault.
6. respect is paramount to sparing leave your ego at the door.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: