Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kyonovice
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: International Black Belt Open Championships Reply with quote

For those living in the UK (might be available elsewhere, I don't know). There is a show on Sky Channel 468 (Frontrunner) at 1pm today International Black Belt Open Championships. From what I gather it's something set up by Martial Arts Illustrated, know that it is on today and I think 22nd and 24th (might be wrong).

I've set up to record as I will probably be out, but might be worth a watch

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link...

http://ibboc.global/

It is LIVE stream and televised!! Which means those outside of the UK, like where I live, in the USA, can watch the event, as well.

Here's what I like about this tournament...

Quote:
About The International Black Belt Open Championships

Imagine if you will an international open tournament that's not only streamed LIVE and televised but that also offers a prize fund of £7000. A non-political tournament open to all adult Black Belts regardless of their federation or association. Imagine an event that is set to both revolutionise and take sport martial arts to the next level by highlighting and showcasing today’s champions.

TIME TO STOP IMAGINING because it's finally here in the shape of the International Black Belt Open Championships.

Scheduled to be held at the luxury holiday resort of Lyons Robin Hood Holiday Park, Rhyl on the 23rd-24th September 2017 this major tournament is open to all black belts! Bouts are to be fought to a light continuous ruling system and in order to keep the bouts exciting to watch and encourage a continual flow. Sweeps, takedowns and clinch work are not encouraged but can result in points awarded to the opposition or even disqualification!

First thing that caught my eye was the bold type above!! I like that a lot!!

I believe that I'll tune it in and check it out. And if nothing else, to see if the above bold type is true or not. What I've read thus far, this event just might raise the bar across the board.

So, 7000 pounds would be just over $13,000 in the USA; that's not too bad of a prize fund, depending on how it's awarded to the competitors.

Thanks for sharing, Kyonovice!!

Bulltahr
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Seido Juku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMM sounds promising...
So by the wording it is light contact, stand up striking, no grappling?. (Yay, grappling is quite boring to watch for me anyway.)

"Bouts are to be fought to a light continuous ruling system and in order to keep the bouts exciting to watch and encourage a continual flow."

Sorry dates on website say September 2017. Any youtubery links?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: