Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bigpopparob2000
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do, Gracie Jiu Jitsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Is this story about Pedro Sauer true? Reply with quote

A while ago, some of the upper belts at my school told me that Pedro Sauer wasn't able to submit anyone until he was a brown belt. Allegedly, the best he could ever do was spar his partners to a stalemate, and Rickson even told him that he was the worst student he had ever had. Until one day, Pedro was rolling with one of Rickson's black belts when something just clicked, and he started tapping out black belts from that day forward. Shortly thereafter, he was awarded his black belt.

I enjoy the story because it's very encouraging, especially when I feel like my own Jiu Jitsu skills are stagnating. However, I was wondering if anyone else had heard that story and could verify it.

Spartacus Maximus
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True or not, it sounds like it could be a plausible story. Progress in martial arts skills is something very personal. No two students are alike, nor do they learn at the same rate. What makes the difference is personality, effort and perseverance in training.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it appears that it took some time for Pedro Sauer to have his Aha moment, he did have it for sure!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: