Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: KarateForums.com Awards 2005 - Nominate Now! Reply with quote

Hello.

Welcome to the fourth annual KarateForums.com Awards. These awards are intended to recognize just a few of the outstanding (and humorous) contributions made by KarateForums.com users. These awards will take into consideration all forum activity between October 19, 2004 and October 18, 2005. For instance, users must be nominated based on their activity in this period and articles nominated must have been published in this same period of time.

Please make your nominations by sending a PM to http://www.karateforums.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=2715 - you do not have to nominate for every category. You can nominate for as many or as few as you would like - please go for as many as you feel comfortable with.

From the most popular nominations, the actual nominees for each award will be chosen and by using the poll system available on these forums, you will be able to vote for the winners!

So, without further ado, here are this years categories:

1. Member of the Year
This award is intended to acknowledge the non staff member who you view as most valuable to the community as a whole. Current staff members (Sempais, Senseis and Administrator) are not able to be nominated in this award.

2. Community Spirit Award
This award should go to a person whom you feel posts interesting and insightful comments that exemplify the spirit of KarateForums.com - kind, helpful and encouraging. This award is open to anyone, regardless of their skill level. Regular members and staff members (except for the Administrator) can win this award.

3. Staff Member of the Year
Basically, the same as Member of the Year, except that this award is for current staff members (Sempais and Senseis, not Administrator) only. If you are unsure of who is on staff, please visit http://www.karateforums.com/staff.php for a complete listing.

4. Funniest Member of the Year
Humor is an important aspect of the forums and this award recognizes the member who has brought a smile to your face many times. This person should have a good clean sense of humor and can be either a staff member (except for Administrator) or regular member.

5. Article of the Year
This award distinguishes your favorite article that was published in the KarateForums.com Articles section in the past year (it must have been published in the past year). Whether the article enlightened or inspired you, this is the place to recognize it. Visit our articles section at http://www.karateforums.com/viewforum.php?f=44 for a complete list of articles.

There are just two nomination rules:

1. Only one user/thread/article can be nominated for EACH award. Only one choice per award, in other words.

2. You can not nominate yourself or an article that you wrote for any of the awards.

So, that's all there is to it. Please nominate. We need as many nominations as possible. Once again, you can nominate by sending a PM to http://www.karateforums.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=2715 - nominations will be closed on the evening of October 26, 2005.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me or reply to this thread. Please do not post your nominations in this thread.

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've received a few nominations thus far. Please continue sending them in.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the nominations thus far. Please keep them coming.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 days left.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I just wanted to bring attention to the fact that the deadline for nominations is tonight. So, if you have any to get in, get them in!

Thanks.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nominations are now closed.

Thank you to everyone who nominated.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballots will be posted tomorrow.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: