Joined: 01 May 2001
Location: Los Angeles, California
|Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:07 pm Post subject: KarateForums.com Awards 2021: Nominate Your Favorites!
Welcome to the 20th annual KarateForums.com Awards! Yes, 20th!
Through these awards, we recognize just a few of the individuals who have made outstanding contributions to KarateForums.com in the past year. Over the last 19 years, we have honored 160 different members with a nomination and 62 with an award. Both of these numbers will grow again this year.
Your participation is vital. It is the members of this community who select the nominees and vote for the winners.
What You Should Know Before Nominating
1. Review the KarateForums.com Awards 2021 Nominations Guide, serving as a starting point in filling out your ballot.
2. These awards take into consideration all community activity between October 19, 2020 and October 18, 2021. Members must be nominated based upon their activity in this period.
2. To nominate, you must have a KarateForums.com account with at least 25 posts made on or before October 18, 2021.
3. Only one member can be nominated for each award. In other words, you cannot nominate two members for Member of the Year. You have to pick one person. One person can be nominated for more than one award, however.
4. A nominated member must have contributed to KarateForums.com or to the specific section recognized by an award within the above date period.
5. You cannot nominate yourself for any of the awards.
6. Your nominations will be kept private. We do not publicly reveal who nominated whom.
7. Please do not attempt to artificially inflate our nomination totals in any way. This includes, but is not limited to: Trading nominations, encouraging people to nominate indiscriminately (publicly or privately), sending spam and any other behavior that could lead to results being artificially skewed. Members found to be participating in these activities will be disqualified from nomination in any category.
8. Though it is unlikely to occur, a banned member cannot be nominated.
9. Please note that you do not have to nominate in every category. You can nominate for as many or as few as you would like. Please go for as many as you feel comfortable with. The more valid nominations we receive, the better!
From these nominations, the ballot for each award will be chosen, consisting of the top 4 nominees plus ties. Through the poll system available on these forums, you will be able to vote for the winners!
Important note: All members (including Sempais and Senseis) are eligible for nomination in any category, except where otherwise noted. However, I (Patrick) am ineligible for nomination in any category.
1. Member of the Year
This award is intended to acknowledge the member who you feel best exemplifies the qualities that KarateForums.com puts a premium on. Knowledge is valuable, but most valuable is a kind and helpful nature. You don't need to be a martial arts expert to be nominated for this award - you need to be someone who is kind and who shares what they know in a productive fashion that helps others. Current staff members (Sempais, Senseis, and Patrick) cannot be nominated for this award.
2. New Member of the Year
This award is the same as Member of the Year, except that this one is strictly for members that registered on or between the dates of October 19, 2020 and October 18, 2021. Eligible members must have made at least 25 posts by October 18, 2021. Current staff members (Sempais, Senseis and Patrick) cannot be nominated for this award.
3. Community Spirit Award
This award should go to a person whom you feel has a strong passion for this community. A person who is all about the home team - in this case, KarateForums.com.
4. Staff Member of the Year
This award is the same as the Member of the Year award, except that this award is for current staff members only (except Patrick). If you are unsure of who is on staff, please visit http://www.karateforums.com/staff.php for a complete listing.
5. Funniest Member of the Year
Humor is an important aspect of the forums and this award recognizes the member who has brought a smile to your face many times.
6. Karate Contributor of the Year
This award is for your favorite contributor within the Karate forum - a member who has added substantial value to that section in the past year.
7. Health and Fitness Contributor of the Year
This award is for your favorite contributor within the Health and Fitness forum - a member who has added substantial value to that section in the past year.
8. Instructors and School Owners Contributor of the Year
This award is for your favorite contributor within the Instructors and School Owners forum - a member who has added substantial value to that section in the past year.
Ready to Nominate?
Please nominate. You will find a blank ballot at the bottom of this message that you can copy and paste.
You nominate by sending a private message to the account with the username Awards through this link: http://www.karateforums.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=2715 - nominations will be closed on November 10, 2021 at 10pm Eastern. Please do not post your nominations publicly in this thread or elsewhere in the forums.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to private message me or reply here.
Thank you for reading and for visiting KarateForums.com. Your participation in these awards is what makes them meaningful. I can't wait to see who you choose to honor this year.
Here is a blank ballot that you can use:
|1. Member of the Year:
2. New Member of the Year:
3. Community Spirit Award:
4. Staff Member of the Year:
5. Funniest Member of the Year:
6. Karate Contributor of the Year:
7. Health and Fitness Contributor of the Year:
8. Instructors and School Owners Contributor of the Year:
Let's Help sensei8 in His Time of Need
Patrick O'Keefe - KarateForums.com Administrator
Have a suggestion or a bit of feedback relating to KarateForums.com? Please contact me!
KarateForums.com Articles - KarateForums.com Awards - Member of the Month - User Guidelines