Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Kataaro or Eosin Panther belt? And why Reply with quote

I've long been a fan/champion of Eosin Panther as a company and a product since someone here on Karate Forums recommended them to me in 2005. I have several of them and have bought them for students and friends. They really do amazing work.

In the past few years, Kataaro has become another popular high-quality American made belt embroidery company like Eosin Panther.

Which belt do you prefer?
Why do prefer that belt?
Has anyone purchased belts from both companies?
If so, how does the quality compare?

I don't work for either company. I know more about Eosin Panther, but the quality of Kataaro can't be denied either.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Eosin Panther

Quote:
Why do prefer that belt?

Personal preference; they supply what I/we need. When we eliminated outward rank identifiers, Eosin products exceeded our required parameters. I left Century MA Supplies after being with them ever since they opened.

Quote:

Between these two companies, I've only purchased from Eosin Panther.

Quote:

N/A

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Quote:

Eosin Panther

Quote:
Why do prefer that belt?

Personal preference; they supply what I/we need. When we eliminated outward rank identifiers, Eosin products exceeded our required parameters. I left Century MA Supplies after being with them ever since they opened.

Quote:

Between these two companies, I've only purchased from Eosin Panther.

Quote:

N/A

Thank you for your response. I have always had great customer service response from Eosin Panther, also. On a unique order, they reached out several times to ensure that they got it right.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a long time customer with Century MA Supplies (CMA), however, when it comes to belts, I go with Eosin Panther (EP) strictly. Both CMA and EP have excellent customer service, had they not, I would've dropped them like a hot potato because customer service is paramount, imho. Both have high quality in their products for the most part. However, when I compare the belts with CMA and EP, EP has the higher quality in their belts than CMA...CMA has good belts, but not to our specific parameters.

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my BB I was debating between Eosin Panther and Kataaro. I read a ton of reviews. The reviews I read mostly agreed that the Eosin Panther belts were just a touch better quality with tighter, more even stitching. So that's what I went with.

I've had my belt (just a plain, cotton signature black belt with no embroidery or anything) for almost three years now. It's starting to wear a bit along the edges where the knot was (which actually looks a little strange as I've recently lost 50lbs and the knot is in a different place now), but other than that it's held up beautifully.

Before I lost weight, it was FINALLY starting to stay tied. It took over a year of bi-weekly wear to soften it up enough to stay tied. But now that the knot is in a different place, it's back to having to tighten it all the time...

strangepair03
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorinji Ryu Karate-Do

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both and they are really both have fantastic quality and awesome customer service. I think Eosin belts a a bit thicker and the embroidery is nicer. But kottaro is definitely first class. On a scale of 1-10 I rank Eosin a 9 and kataaro an 8.5
Sorry but Shureido is still my 10!!😂

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin1 wrote:
When I got my BB I was debating between Eosin Panther and Kataaro. I read a ton of reviews. The reviews I read mostly agreed that the Eosin Panther belts were just a touch better quality with tighter, more even stitching. So that's what I went with.

I've had my belt (just a plain, cotton signature black belt with no embroidery or anything) for almost three years now. It's starting to wear a bit along the edges where the knot was (which actually looks a little strange as I've recently lost 50lbs and the knot is in a different place now), but other than that it's held up beautifully.

Before I lost weight, it was FINALLY starting to stay tied. It took over a year of bi-weekly wear to soften it up enough to stay tied. But now that the knot is in a different place, it's back to having to tighten it all the time...

Congratulations on the weight loss!! Soft core belts stay tied better than stiff core belts, in my experience. I don't know if that's issue with your belt or not.

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangepair03 wrote:
I have both and they are really both have fantastic quality and awesome customer service. I think Eosin belts a a bit thicker and the embroidery is nicer. But kottaro is definitely first class. On a scale of 1-10 I rank Eosin a 9 and kataaro an 8.5
Sorry but Shureido is still my 10!!😂

I've heard good things about Shureido, too. For awhile, genuine Shureido was hard to get shipped to the states. But that was a dozen years ago or more.

I have to agree with sensei8 on EP's customer service. I ordered a belt for a friend a few weeks ago. They called me the day before they shipped to ensure that I was correct. Attention to detail is so important when doing custom work.

Thanks also for the comparison between Eosin Panther and Kataaro.

mjh1969
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is helpful as I am debating on which brand to use. Eosin Panther or Kataaro. I hear both of them are great belts.

The Pred
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had a Kataroo so I can't make a fair judgement call. However, I do love my Eosin Panther belt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: