Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

koreantiger81
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about maturity in TKD. There's always more to learn even if you've reached the black belt level. I'll share my growth in TKD.

Beginner--->learned balance, coordination, form

Intermediate--->learned to control my power and speed, timing, distance, flexibility, accuracy

Advanced---->learned how to fight smart, fake, learned purpose behind techniques

Beyond black-belt--->learned respect and to be humble, learned to be very technical and to analyaze in detail of every movement i execute in forms/patterns and sparring, made up my own forms and techniques.

My growth in TkD went on a plateau for a while when I got my black belt. However, when I discovered to be more technical and analytical in my techniques, I regainned my interest in TKD. I'm still learning! there's so much more to learn. The learning never stops no matter what level you are at..

Please share your learning in TKD no matter what level you're at.

[ This Message was edited by: koreantiger81 on 2002-04-21 05:56 ]

EnvE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no true 'master'...

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Koreantiger I never got my BB in TSD, so I wouldn't know. BUT, I do know that the first three you mentioned are very true. I'm VERY picky when it comes to technique. I want to be able to get whatever tech I learn just right, but some take years. I'll work on my BB in TKD and find out the rest

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post koreantiger81 .... one that all styles should read because I believe it pertains to all martial arts.
I have noticed that I have asked more questions and picked apart every technique and form as a black belt than at any other belt rank.
We all get to that plateau ... I was there for quite awhile .... now I am striving to achieve my 'personal best'.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, Kickchick.

I do that now. I pick apart EVERYTHING lol. I wanna know the "how" (how it works) and the "why" (why it works).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: