Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Who wins?
Mike Tyson
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Jake Paul
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

KarateKen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Karate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why I care about this fight or why I am rooting for Tyson, but I am and I am. Is there a rivalry between Paul and Tyson? What is the point of this fight? The entire thing just feels like a big money grab. Why else is a near 60-year-old man getting into a boxing ring with a 27-year-old?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarateKen wrote:
I have no idea why I care about this fight or why I am rooting for Tyson, but I am and I am. Is there a rivalry between Paul and Tyson? What is the point of this fight? The entire thing just feels like a big money grab. Why else is a near 60-year-old man getting into a boxing ring with a 27-year-old?

Solid post and questions, for sure, and I agree 100%.

Quote:
Is there a rivalry between Paul and Tyson?

If there is a rivalry between those two, I've not read about it anywhere. They both have exchanged pre-fight stares and boasts, like...

"My sights are set on becoming a world champion, and now I have a chance to prove myself against the greatest heavyweight champion of the world, the baddest man on the planet and the most dangerous boxer of all time. Time to put Iron Mike to sleep."

Tyson simply replied..."We'll see!"

Quote:
What is the point of this fight?

The fight could be either an exhibition or officially sanctioned by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). The decision rests with the TDLR based on the proposed fight card. If it’s an exhibition, expect some rule changes:
*Rounds may be shorter (2-minute rounds instead of the standard 3 minutes).
*Gloves could be heavier (16 ounces instead of the usual 10 ounces)

Like you, I wonder, what's the point of this fight?!?

Quote:
The entire thing just feels like a big money grab. Why else is a near 60-year-old man getting into a boxing ring with a 27-year-old?

I agree, it seems to be a big money grab. While the money has not been officially announced as of yet, Jake Paul has previously stated that he believes a fight with Tyson could generate somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 million.

In the past, Tyson even mentioned that he’d be willing to face Paul for a staggering $1 billion. However, more recently, it’s been suggested that Tyson would accept a much lower fee, somewhere between $50 million and $100 million.

Who would face Paul should Tyson fail pre-fight test as stipulated in the rules?

Anyway, sounds like a big money grab for them both, like you suggest, Ken. Nonetheless, for Paus, this fight can boost Paul's confidence or smash it, depending how the fight ends for Paul. For Tyson, money speaks, and he might be curious to see if he still "got's it", because he's really got nothing to lose whole on the other hand Paul has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Let's get ready to rumble...::cough:: ::cough::

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: