Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any body here ever been to thailand's muay Thai camp? Is it really hard there? HOw long do they make you train?

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have trained in Thailand,they train twice a day-morning and afternoon.
The training is hard and if you are not 100% then they will pay little attention to you and think you are lazy and slack.The food is pretty yuk but you do get used to it(thats when you get over the runs )
Every camp is different but basically you run in the morning,bag work,gut work,some pads,then in the after noon same again but might work grappling,more pads and light rounds,more bag work,and when I say light I don't mean taking it easy I mean that your not trying to take the guy out but still working at a high rate.
I highly recomend it to anyone who wants to fight.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you don't have to spend alot of money right. Dallors are worth more so how much did you pay for it? How did you understand? Do you speak thai?

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you don't have to spend alot of money right. Dallors are worth more so how much did you pay for it? How did you understand? Do you speak thai?

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That varies with each gym and wether you are staying there or just training there and staying elsewhere.Some of the more commercial gyms charge $50.00 US but some charge minimal amounts and you pay by fighting and the gym will take their cut.
I pay $25.00 US where we train but have paid more at other gyms,that includes food,training and a bed with about 20 other fighters.Thats still very reasonable considering the high quality training you get.
As for the language,I speak a little Thai enough to get by.

Don't kid yourself if you think it going to be easy,The accomadations is pretty poor,tiolets need getting used to and the food will probably give you the runs and the training is really hard..and on top of this you have to prove you are worth what you think you are.
It is a tough game and in Thailand only the tough survive in it.

But the up side is you get experience like no where else and the Thai woman are absolutely beautiful(just one of the perks)

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I posted before that I either have a choice of going to thailand or china next summer to train. So, I just want to know, how long do you train for 25 dallors? That seems like no money at all. In china I have to spend 800 dallor for the plane ticket 60 dallors for teacher present, 150 dallors to train for 3 month. If you only a little thai, then how could they teach you as good? And how old do you have to be.

I really need some help here. Thanks for you time

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats per day includes food and board plus the training,as for the language people can communicate to each other by demonstration and understanding some of the language,plus I didn't go there knowing nothing It was to enhance my ability.
They start training as little kids,I've even been to fights at Lumpini Stadium where they have kid as young as 10 fighting,they were good too.
The choice of Thailand or China only you can make,if your into kung fu or muay thai thats more the choice I see.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 dallors a day! That is alot. Well I am choosing muay thai or san shou.

Thanks

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wornding, how could those Thai guys afford 25 us money when it is worth about 300 to them a day?

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They charge 500 baht a day to forieners,if you are Thai you usually train and pay by fighting.If you want to train in the good gym that the going rate,if you think its too step then don't go or go there and haggle with them by all means.As they say in the Nike adds"Just Do it!".
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: