Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Muay Thai vs other stlyes. Reply with quote

This is a VERY good site, with a lot of good information on Muay Thai and it's confrenatations with other stlyes/fighters. I think some People need to realize MT fighter have continously PROVEN their Stlye's effectiveness throught the 1900's. For the record I dont do MT but I respect it soo much Because they are constantly Willing to fight ANYONE, And test themselvs and their stlye. There are so many claims floating around the world from various stlyes/schools, and I respect them for actually putting theirs to the test against the best of the best. so many people are affraid to do this.

Anyways I really encourage everyone to read the whole thing, I know it's long but it's got ALOT of good information.

http://members.aol.com/Thaiboxing2000/muay.html

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.........

It is indeed a very impressive record. And indeed any BB that thinks he/she is invicible it going to be taken down at some point.

I dont think that MT is the best art around, but I do respect its effectiveness and survivablity.

The only fight I have record of is in one of my Aikido texts. Aikido Vs MT. Aikido won. But I think this is only for one reason, the reason why ever other art is different to Aikido. Aikido is about Misdirection and redirction. If you try and fight a MT boxer with power and linearly then your going down. Thats why White Crane, Shotokan, Wado, Goju.....etc have fallen to MT.

Well there you go.

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a site with information on the Akido vs MT matches? I really would like to Read about it.

Also I dont belive MT is the best art per say but i do belive it is the most effective standup fighting style.

Mayur
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Mixed japanese and malaysian arts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i do belive it is the most effective standup fighting style.

Correction - One of the most effective

|Mayur|

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJS, its only really a reference in the current Doshu's (Aikido Grand Master) book. Nothing to exciting, although I do hold it as a very valid source seeing as lieing as a Doshu is not a good thing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: