Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Original rocky music, or eye of the tiger
Original Rocky song
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Eye of the tiger
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Rich_2k3
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Trodai Karate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Music while training? Reply with quote

Firstly i just want to know what which one do you like better, the original rocky song or the eye of the tiger, for me the original wins hands down !

Anyway back to the subject, in your dojo do you ever have music playing in the background while your training, we tried it last week when we were doing circuit training and it works quite well. We had songs like "kung fu fighting!" "rocky" "we will rock you" "firestarter" etc. what kind of music do u like when your training and do u think it improves your determination !

kle1n
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like music during training keeps me of focus. except in kali where the beat seems to be in the beat of some special training excercises.

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first up, original rocky song hands down. a very fun song to play trap set on for you drummers out there
that aside, i can't think of any music i especially like to train to. all i can say is that my dojang plays some of the worst music known to human kind techno remixes to doo wa diddy and gimme some lovin (shameful!), what's left of the mortal kombat theme after 7 or 8 remixes, you name it. gah!

wrestlingkaratechamp
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Brown belt shotkan karate/black belt 1st dan BJJ(8 years) high school wrestling champion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rocky Song rules!

IAMA_chick
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: tae kwon do

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we usually listen to pop, or techno. it gets everyone in the mood to spar and bounce around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

The Saint
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do ITF

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kICKING AND PUNCHING TO THE BEAT GETS YOU IN A GOOD MOOD FOR SPARING. ORIGINAL ROCK RULES!!!

WhiteBelt
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky. No contest.

We usually listen to metal, rock, or some form of techno while the teachers get us ready to spar...

Icetuete
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: ITF Taekwondo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Rocky Song rules!

yes it does. last week i began to try out listening to music while trainng, and it does pretty good
but i would listen to it while doing kata or something. but for punching/kicking training ur arms it is ok.

AnonymousCoward
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like music in class at all since my musical tastes are seemingly different to everyone else in the class - I feel like I'm doing boxercise or something. I end up blocking it out once I concentrate anyway, which makes me think that it's pointless in the first place.

The instructor ends up wasting time running over to the stereo to turn it down / up rather than being able to be heard over the music and the reverb in the hall can mush the sound up anyway.

I think the only good thing about having music in glass is that you can't hear the grunting and squeaks of people doing exercises so much!

I dislike musical forms even more than that. Especially those done to "high energy dance" like Scooter and that other rubbish. It's embarassing enough to be seen in a hall wearing your pyjamas without being worried about what people will think of "your" taste in music! I'm with battousai16 - there is some awful music being played in dojos, dojangs and gyms across the world... it needs to be stopped.

If I was training on my own I would slap on some jungle, industrial or metal, but I'm not into choosing for other people...

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with AnonymousCoward in terms of music, i think that's a lot more effective than the sound track to tae bo but i personally like musical formes (and i seem to be the only one on this forum who does) as long as they're done well and aren't done to stupid music, as AnonymousCoward alluded to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: