Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kempo and Kobudo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like your training don't do it.

IAMA_chick
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: tae kwon do

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know what to tell you there. my instructor and one of the fellow blackbelts are together and are doing fine. it isn't a big of a deal as you all make it out to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because it hasn't gone bad yet IAMA chick. An indulgence like that by an instructor can literally ruin a school. Not to mention that it's highly unprofessional of your instructor to date a subordinate.

Valithor
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: GKR Karate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffffft!

The older you get, the more you understand the value of relationships. In fact, our lives are defined by them.

Refusing to date someone in your class is equivalent to refusing to be friends with people with blonde hair, or not training under instructors who drive Fords..

A true relationship should be based on who you are and your compatibility with the other person, not on your hair colour, job description or your karate grade.

We are all faced with decisions in our lives. If we make the wrong decision we can make a mistake - BUT we can learn from it, we can grow and become better people. If we decide to pass on an opportunity we pass on life and pass on experience.

"If you never take risks, you'll never truly live."

"The only thing to fear is fear itself."

Keep smiling,

V

Warp Spider
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasori_Te wrote:
That's because it hasn't gone bad yet IAMA chick. An indulgence like that by an instructor can literally ruin a school. Not to mention that it's highly unprofessional of your instructor to date a subordinate.

I don't think that the students are considered subordinate to the instructor. They are paying to be there, they are not the instructors personal army..

Having said that, I don't think it's bad or unprofessional at all. Saying that requires you to draw a line at where someone is officially "dating" and that can sometimes be a difficult line to draw. I'd rather just say they can do whatever they want, and if they're doing something stupid, then it's their own fault and they are going to be the ones who suffer for it. Why should it be anyone elses business?

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo Valithor!!!!!!!!

http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think instructors especially should avoid dating students. The instructor is in a position of authority over the student. If an instructor does date a student he/she should be aware of the fact that the dojo will be watching. Any perceived special attention given to a partner by an instructor in class can cause tension among the other students and the instructor. I've seen this and I've also seen the student expect special treatment. College professors can't date students. There are reasons for that. The same reasons that I'm stating here. You have to be careful not to compromise your professional relationship with the rest of the students in class over an affair. It's very hard to ever regain that respect again. also I would like to qualify that I'm not talking about students dating other students. I'm referring specifically to instructors. Instructors must remain unbiased and be perceived as being fair to be effective in teaching. IMHO.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my instructor is cute, (as long as he keeps his hair short), but I have a boyfriend (soon to be married). It doesn't hurt to look. Just don't touch. I don't recommend dating your instructor. I seen it. It doesn't work. Play it safe. Just train, and be happy at what you're looking at and what you are learning. Don't mix the two

TKDLadyInSC
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: TaeKwonDo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valithor wrote:
The older you get, the more you understand the value of relationships. In fact, our lives are defined by them.

I couldn't agree more. It's not that I don't value relationships. It's the opposite. In my opinion, you should value your relationship with your instructor too much to risk losing it to hormones.

But, if you really think it's right, give up your training. Stop studying and date. Then you would be just two people dating, not an instructor and student dating. Way down the road if you get married, have a few future blackbelts running around , and want to train again it would not be as risque.

Fa-Jing
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Hsing Yi , Ba Kua , Wing Chun, Iron Palm,Monkey, Ect...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if u just have a crush on her let it go. Do you think she is intrusted in you, for real ? And dosn't every guy in your class have a crush on her
also.lol
Dose She flert with you or just hit you. Ohh hit me baby!
Do you know her only as a teacher.
Do you see her out of class in a scocal setting?
All in all most likely a bad idea ,but followe your heart if you must.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: