Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

usatkdwtf
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: traditional and olympic tkd, boxing, kickboxing, bjj,

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: my no cost or very low cost MA marketing Reply with quote

no or low cost marketing;

flyers on post-it-notes to stick on car windows.People take them and stick them in pockets,dashboards-to be found again and again. People keep them for some reason, plus they stick to anyting, and dont harm anything.

Newspaper INSERTS, as well as ads.

VIP-stand outside local shopping area and say "hello my name is,I teach at, here is a free 30 day pass" give 30 day pass card.(I dont like this, its kind of gorilla)

Buddy days-have students bring a buddy to a moch class at a set time. Have welcome buddy signs so they know this day (time) is for them(some have screen printed buddy day shirts to give before class) after class pass out headbands and x-many days free. TRY TO MAKE IT STANDARD THAT BUDDY PARENT WATCHES.

apartments-offer to hand out apartment newsletter if they let you insert your flyer.

schools- give every student a paper that "ok's" them to test with parent and teacher comment area and signature. Under teacher sigature include that you often like to share in your students school activites and would love to come and talk to the class about (MA,stranger danger, lifeskills,etc.) The teacher will select from your listed topics. Make sure doinclde a DATE and TIME so the teacher makes the appointment right there. You call and confirm.You would not believe how many of these you will get back wanting you to come and talk. Of course hand out flyers to the class and invite them. This also keeps an eye on your students at school and both parent/teachr appreciate it.

Offer each new student a certain reward if they bring a friend to class. Once one has that special (star or whatever) every kid will want it.

Take your students out in uniform to the public. Parks, beaches workouts/testings, or just to mcdonalds as an award. This stirs up recognition plus its a retention builder.

sell a lot of personalized apperl at cost. T-shirts,polos,workout/lounge pants, everything. make them "profesional looking" not "kiddie looking" and make them stylish. Even give some polos and shirts away to your most dedicated people. They are now walking advertisments in appearance as well as speech.

Thats my no or low cost education (i say that because they are not my ideas only ideas taught to me).

Hope it helps you.

Grenadier
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the Yellow Pages of the phone book. Many people interested in learning martial arts are going to first look at the Yellow Pages, and call around. It's no secret that an advertisement in the Yellow Pages is going to catch a lot more eyes, and at least get you more phone calls.

Sandan
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Kobujitsu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the car windshields. I have just started a club in a fitness centre, so this could be a great idea for me!

usatkdwtf
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: traditional and olympic tkd, boxing, kickboxing, bjj,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try it. A printing place could make the disk for you for around $100-200 , but thats a one time thing. After that they are like $20 for 10 packs, much cheaper than a ful size flyer, I think there is 50 flyers to a post - it -note pack. You design the post it note flyer, then they design the disk. you could use regular fyers too,until you can afford the disk (thats what im doing because whe I was doing this I worked for a wealthy ma company, and I just opened my own school).Im getting the post-it-notes soon though.

Make sure you offer a free week or month on the post-it-note flyer.

this is how I was taught to do it:
for one hour every day

-drive to a strip mall and start sticking the post-it-note flyers on drivers side windows. Also have cards (you could use the post it note flyer, but cards are better) that have a offer on them. when customers walk to and from their car while your sticking post-its, tell them who you are and offer them 2 weeks free and give them the card. It is intimidating at first to talk when sticking post-its, you feel like your've been "caught",but peole really do appreciate someone who is "giving something away" not just selling something to them.

so you have post-its and cards. Post-its for cars,and cards for people.
One school did this for one hour everyday, and averaged 4 intros and 2 new members a day!

THIS WIll definetly increase your erolment.

Good Luck, and dont be shy..go and get those new members! (HELps if you think that way. remember your not soliciting, you GIVING away 2 free weeks)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: