Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

pittbullJudoka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Ryu Kyu Kempo,Wrestling,Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get time this weekend I'll check the first season of TUF that I have on dvd I'm pretty sure he tells the story in the house at one point.

lupus yonderboy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: MMA - Boxing, Judo, Jits, Greco, Folk Wrestling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Myth of the Forrest Griffin Arm Bar Break Reply with quote

tufrthanu wrote:
Hey all,

I have recently heard that Forrest Griffin once let someone break his arm via an arm bar so that he could go on to win the fight. Unfortunately, I have not been able to verify this anywhere. Joe Rogan mentioned this during one of the Ultimate fighter finales but I am wondering about the veracity of the statement now. The few mentions I have seen that talk about Forrest Griffin getting a broken arm were against a guy named Edson Peredao. I've seen the video of the fight and no where did they even really grapple and the supposed break to his arm from a punch isn't even visible. Does anyone know if indeed he did get it broken from an armbar and if so who his opponent was? Thanks.

Actually, I saw that fight. He not only let the guy break his arm, but he also let him gouge out his eyeballs and dislocate his spine.

The guy is a tower of fortitude.

ying&yang
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JKD , and 15 others

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmm well an armbar is technically dislocateing the shoulder , but breakin other parts of the arm and maybe the neck, is an armbar + ...........

tufrthanu
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: American Tae Kwon Do, Sin Moo HKD, WHF HKD, Song Moo Kwan TKD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No an armbar is breaking the elbow by hyperextending the arm. If you are breaking the shoulder that is from doing a shoulder lock.

lupus yonderboy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: MMA - Boxing, Judo, Jits, Greco, Folk Wrestling

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Myth of the Forrest Griffin Arm Bar Break Reply with quote

tufrthanu wrote:
Hey all,

I have recently heard that Forrest Griffin once let someone break his arm via an arm bar so that he could go on to win the fight. Unfortunately, I have not been able to verify this anywhere. Joe Rogan mentioned this during one of the Ultimate fighter finales but I am wondering about the veracity of the statement now. The few mentions I have seen that talk about Forrest Griffin getting a broken arm were against a guy named Edson Peredao. I've seen the video of the fight and no where did they even really grapple and the supposed break to his arm from a punch isn't even visible. Does anyone know if indeed he did get it broken from an armbar and if so who his opponent was? Thanks.

Once, in the middle of a cage match, someone threw a pigeon into the ring with Forrest Griffin. He picked it up off the cage floor before it could fly away AND BIT ITS HEAD OFF INTO HIS MOUTH AND SPIT IT OUT..

mike-kernaghan
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Wado-Ryu & MMA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Yes he did and it was rather silly on my opinion haha

jsm1997
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest Griffin is also known for a fight with Edson Paradeo, in which Edson broke Griffin's left arm with what appeared to be a badly blocked roundhouse kick aimed at the body. Forrest continued on to win the fight by knockout with his right hand after escaping a deep armbar. As a result from the armbar and the badly-blocked body kick, he has a huge permanent lump on his left forearm.[

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in the world was the referee during all of this? Sheech...and good grief!!

Popped capsules are one thing, but...WOW!!

pittbullJudoka
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Ryu Kyu Kempo,Wrestling,Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensei8 it was in the early days of MMA before anyone cared if the fighters had more than one fight. Well not so early days but during what is know as the black years were there were no ppv or media coverage. The refs jobs back then wee to make sure the fight ended with the round and to stop fighter A if fighter B was ko'd.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pittbullJudoka wrote:
Sensei8 it was in the early days of MMA before anyone cared if the fighters had more than one fight. Well not so early days but during what is know as the black years were there were no ppv or media coverage. The refs jobs back then wee to make sure the fight ended with the round and to stop fighter A if fighter B was ko'd.

Well...that explains a lot...thank you pittbullJudoka!! Hopefully the black years are way behind us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: