Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Krazy Carol
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Matsubayashi Shorin-Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesson plans are good... make a few of them.
I had a big tado planned for my first class but only 5 kids were there so I had to modify it alot.
Having a plan is good but be flexible, you never know when someone will come in needing help with Kata or a certian technique.

86years in the making..... Red Sox World Champs.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Omega14
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesson plans are beneficial for your situaiton. If there is only one instructor, a lesson plan may not be needed, as the instructor knows by heart what has been done and which areas need to be worked on. However, I propose the use of a journal method. Simply record some of the materials taught in class. This will allow the other instructors to know what has been done, and allow the other instructors to focus on areas that need to be improved upon. In some cases, lesson plans may not be effective, as outlined material may be taught at a different pace. As a result, a journal may be of more use.

cartoon22
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: kenpo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For over 3 years I have been doing lessons off the top of my head, but now there are 3 intructors I just want to try and keep track of what has been done with the class and what needs to be done.
This would also help to highlight what needs to be done again.

"Teaching the Martial Arts" by Sang Kim was a great suggestion still reading it but due to other work it will take longer than I would of liked for the 1st reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: