Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bitseach
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks, I'm sure this has come up a gazillion times but I'm new here so be patient...any good resources out there for learning nunchuka kata?

I do shotokan karate which doesn't include any weapons at all, but am interested in learning some techniques with weapons. I am practising the basic moves with the help of Fumio Demura's helpful tomes but would like some kata, which he doesn't seem to have.

Any good ideas?

Tobias_Reece
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Matayoshi Okinawawn Kobudo, Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitseach

I too study Shotokan karate. At first I tried to learn weapons from Fumio Demura, but then I was introduced to a man called Albie O'Connor. He is an examiner is Okinawan Kobudo, and lives in Essex.

If you were to take up Okinawan Kobudo, you would have to get used to the differences between Japanese (shotokan) and Okinawan martial arts (shorter stances etc.), but you should have no trouble

Check out his website at

http://www.martialarts2000.freeserve.co.uk

He is a very nice man and will be happy to answer any of your questions. I notice that you are from London, so that is quite near to where he lives.

If you have any problems but do not wish to contact O'connor sensei, talk to me.

But if you do want to talk to him, tell him Tobias sent you

Hope this helps

Tobias

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner
West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy
2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: