Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pred wrote:
Does the average person even know the difference between TKD and Karate?

No they don't know the difference between the two, I have had several people recently argue that they are the exact same martial art.

Personally I like the WKF Ruleset; probably because I've grown up using it here in Australia.

The WKF Rules have been changed a number of times over the years, because at some point kumite bouts were starting to become rather 'boring' because the fighters were continuously going into the "Clinch" and attempting to throw.

When we utilize Point Sparring in Class (normally we have a a minute or two chucked into each round alongside our other forms of sparring). But when we do it; we don't stop the bouts to call points.

The impact on schools, i feel like it may increase numbers for a while but they may quickly drop off when they realize that it requires commitment and to even get to the olympics that they would have to be the best of the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: