Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KempoTiger
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Kempo, Tai Chi Chuan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Patches Patches oh Patches.... Reply with quote

I just designed my own patch that I would like to have made into my own personal one for the back of my gi.....only problem is, all of the companies that create custom patches require a 100 patch minimum to purchase. Anyone know of somewhere else I could to just make one? A shame too, because my friend knew someone who did this, only that she now apparently has lost touch with him......blast! *snaps fingers*

KempoTiger
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and polls show.......no one has any ideas

tommarker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how big is the patch? some local company may be able to do an embroidery right onto the back of your uniform. the expensive part is the setup and art fees, but if you ever go back to them, they will have the art already in their system.

Shorinryu Sensei
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorinryu Matsumura Kenpo (Seito/Orthodox) Karate and Kobudo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommarker wrote:
how big is the patch? some local company may be able to do an embroidery right onto the back of your uniform. the expensive part is the setup and art fees, but if you ever go back to them, they will have the art already in their system.

Good advice! This is exactly what I did and it worked out well. I can go in and order any number of patches now as I need them.

KempoTiger
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommarker wrote:

hrmm....good idea. But what sort of company would do something like that? I'd look up some local places but I'm not sure what kind of business to look for. And the patch is roughly 7 by 11 inches.

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a local sportswear manufacturer. They will sometimes do embroidary for local teams. When we were looking for embroidered over-gi tops at my dojo we went to a local sportswear manufacturer (no not Nike ) and they were very cheap. They still have our design, so if we ever wanted to order any more gear from them then we wouldn't have the start-up costs.

Also, if there is a place near you that does clothing repairs and alterations, they may be able to sew directly onto the back of your gi.

Sheffield Steelers!

Shorinryu Sensei
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorinryu Matsumura Kenpo (Seito/Orthodox) Karate and Kobudo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local place I had our patches done was quite reasonable...but I don't remember now exactly how reasonable that was. I think it was a $25 setup and art fee. It's just a local shop here that has a computer controlled embroidery machine. This is a relatively small town of about 25,000 people so I would think any decent sized city should have something similar. Check out your yellow pages under sewing and see what's there.

One of the patches is round with a diameter of about 14", and the other is rectangular and arout 4"x 10".

scottnshelly
KF VIP

Styles: My Style

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a local dry cleaners here in town - town population was 23,711 in 2000 - and asked. they sent me to a local embroidery shop in a woman's house. she charged me about $60 i think to embroider our school's trademark eagle with my name after i became a Black Belt.
so, point is, go to a dry cleaner and ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: