Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Rousey vs Davis Reply with quote

I have to say I was more than a little dissapointed in this fight. I stayed up till 04:30 in anticipation of this fight, believing the hype that Rousey finally had an opponent in with a chance of beating her. It took a whole 16 seconds to realise that thought was complete foolishness. They now HAVE to make a fight with Cris Cyborg a priority, or folk are going to start questioning all her fight choices (more than they already are). I'm glad the event was on BT Sports in the UK and not PPV as it was in the States. I believe Rousey is hiding in her current weight division and until she either moves back up or fights a credible opponent, then my belief that's she's not a great fighter is not going to change. Is this just my overly harsh opinion or does anyone agree?

M.

Archimoto
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: JKD / Muay Thai / TKD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no question that Ronda is a gifted fighter. At the same time I think it's also clear that her division needs new blood. Otherwise she'll have to either change weight class or be satisfied with never being more than a co-main event.

jaypo
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the UFC women's division is full of wrestlers, BJJ practitioners, or boxers. Not MMA fighters. Ronda is an MMA fighter. These girls she's been facing were all great at 1 thing, and not at all. The only credible MMA threat she faced took her to the 3rd round. I think Cyborg would destroy her. The other thing is that Ronda is a weight cutter. She's about double the size of everyone she faces. I know it's within the rules, but for years, she hid from Cyborg in different weight classes, and now she has the nerve to criticize Cyborg for not being able to make 135. Yet, it would be easier for Ronda to just cut less to fight at a catchweight, but I think she fears getting knocked out. Cyborg is stronger and hits harder than anyone she has ever faced.
Respect others
Refrain from violent behavior.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaypo wrote:
The problem is that the UFC women's division is full of wrestlers, BJJ practitioners, or boxers. Not MMA fighters. Ronda is an MMA fighter. These girls she's been facing were all great at 1 thing, and not at all. The only credible MMA threat she faced took her to the 3rd round. I think Cyborg would destroy her. The other thing is that Ronda is a weight cutter. She's about double the size of everyone she faces. I know it's within the rules, but for years, she hid from Cyborg in different weight classes, and now she has the nerve to criticize Cyborg for not being able to make 135. Yet, it would be easier for Ronda to just cut less to fight at a catchweight, but I think she fears getting knocked out. Cyborg is stronger and hits harder than anyone she has ever faced.

Couldn't agree more, Cyborg would anihilate her and she knows it. The thing that annoys me most though, is she is constanty taunting Cyborg, Calling he "an it" and such like, but at the same time hides away from her. I like the fact Cyborg refuses to get drawn into the trash talking, preferring to do her talking in the Octagon. It's bound to happen eventually as it's a fight the whole UFC world wants to see. Dana White can only use the steroid excuse for so long, especially when other fighters are on the books after testing positive. Hopefully it happens soon.

M.

jaypo
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's funny how uncle Dana is pushing for a Vitor Belfort vs. Weidman fight because of the money, but he is admonishing Cyborg for 1 failed test. Belfort has popped more than Cyborg, and he's pushing for a title fight for him.

He knows his cash cow would be turned into flank steaks!
Respect others
Refrain from violent behavior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: