Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Fatal Rose
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan, San Soo, Kajukenbo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: San Soo King Fu VS Shotokan Karate Reply with quote

Has anyone else cross trained extensively in these arts? I have and I'm interested in what other have to say.

I love both arts but prefer Shotokan. I'm out right now by as soon as I get home I'll break down the differences and what I think of each art.

Anyone else have some insight to share?

Fatal Rose
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan, San Soo, Kajukenbo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I train in and love both arts but feel Shotokan is superior for some simple reasons..

1. Footwork: San Soo doesn't have an intricate movement system that applies to sparring/resisting opponent. Okinawan Karate stylists are known for their footwork being the best in MMA and other competitions. Look at Lyoto Machida.

2. Sparring: San Soo doesn't spar. Sparring leads to better combinations and reaction times. You learn how to use your techniques and footwork. It's essential.

3. Hard training: in my experience Shotokan training is much tougher and higher impact.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatal Rose, sorry I can't contribute any to your post as I have no knowledge of San Soo but, good to have you on KF. Why don't you come in to the introductions thread to introduce yourself to the others in the forum and maybe tell us a bit about San Soo and the rest of your MAs background?

Mo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: